Quick ? on Sega 001 loom

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
It includes the 15-pin amp connector for the monitor, doesn't it?

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
I'm not 100% I know what you are asking, but I think the answer is no. The connector attaches directly to the IO board. Something then goes from the IO board to the monitor or you can run a VGA from your source directly to the VGA port on the monitor (bottom left if the monitor is horizontal).

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Thank you scgon! :) Anyone know where I can get the cable from the I/O board to the monitor then? I know that I can run the monitor without using that white big-block connector on the chassis, but without that I can't use the degauss :'(. Or at least without rewiring a bunch of stuff I don't know how to..

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
So, i unplugged that 15 pin plug to the monitor to be sure it really was 15 pin, plugged it back in and now my monitor wont turn on :crying: I've unplugged the cab and i'm gonna give it 5 min and retry.

Edit - Nothing...WTF!

Last edited:

clutch

Geese's Thug
The 15 pin amp connector does not plug directly into the i/o board. There are two sets of wires that run off of it and go to two smaller plugs that plug into the bottom (or side if you are vertical) monitor bracket. From there, they snake their way to the io board but it is like spaghetti inside the cab. This is so you can easily pull the monitor out without having to yank wires out of the i/o board.

The thing that I can't figure out is how you are getting power to it right now.

clutch

Geese's Thug
This is what I'm talking about:

This:
15pin1.jpg

Terminates into these two plugs:
15pin2.jpg