Quick question about programming a Mayumi 4 with K150 programmer

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
There has got to be somebody on here that knows this

so i have K150 programmer.

Voultar helped teach me how to do Mulitmode chips but he isnt around and I don't know how to do Mayumi.

I ruined a lot of chips already just fumbling around and id rather not ruin anymore.

Can anybody give me some basic instructions? :lolz:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It should be a case of loading the hex in the programming software, installing the chip in the programmer as the image shows you and clicking program. Should be a 12c508 or 12c509, right?

Are you getting an error?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It should be a case of loading the hex in the programming software, installing the chip in the programmer as the image shows you and clicking program. Should be a 12c508 or 12c509, right?

Are you getting an error?

12C508A yeah

i load the chip. i load the hex. i click program it asks me if want to change something (yes) or (no)? I'm not near my windows XP desktop right now and i cant remember. what it asks specifically but asks me whether or not i want to change a value or something....i'll double check as soon as i.

i think thats basically it

I would just go ahead and do more trial and error but i've burned so many chips already lol

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm sure on mine it brings out a box about the OSCAL value; generally I just click YES and it goes through and burns correctly. When you say they don't work, you mean you install them and they don't work or it brings up an error about the fuses? It might be that the code protect fuse is enabled wouldn't let the programmer verify the chip, or it tries to verify and can't.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm sure on mine it brings out a box about the OSCAL value; generally I just click YES and it goes through and burns correctly. When you say they don't work, you mean you install them and they don't work or it brings up an error about the fuses? It might be that the code protect fuse is enabled wouldn't let the programmer verify the chip, or it tries to verify and can't.

Yeah i was thinking it was the OSCAL value but i wasnt sure. I havent tried it yet, i have only succesfully burned mm3 chips. i was using the steps i found for multi mode steps with M4 hex and kept getting fuse errors. OK so just load, hit program, hit yes and thats it? Cool!

i'll try first thing when i get home.

thanks for the help man

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Yeah, that should be good. Might be worth checking the fuses when you load the hex up, because the code protect fuse might be switched on in the program code, but you should be able to override it in the programmer tool.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
When you load the hex click on the fuses button at the bottom of the program. I'm sure it's with Program, Verify etc.

Robert

20 Year Member
Sorry for the noob question but why do you want to program this Mayumi 4 chip?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
alright so i just tried it

loaded mayumi 4 hex > hit program > asked to change value hit yes

fuse error

tried again and this time

hit program > asked to change value hit no >

fues error

man i just dont get it lol

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
what do you mean by that? Have somebody else do it for me?

I mean i could but i'd rather be able to make them whenever i want.

Ok, but may I suggest investing in a better programmer since you have long term use for such a device and what you are current trying to use is not cutting it and is not used mainstream in the community hence why no one has any troubleshooting advice.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i think it is a common programmer for ps1 chips, but im guess im asking in the wrong place. might need to hit up isozone or assembler then