Raiden III Official Site!

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Excellent!!!...were all awaiting this gem of a shooter!!...i have always loved the series...dammit ,i think i'll put on Super raiden on my engine...just to keep me going..
Btw...does anyone know if raiden 3 will get a US release?.....ive STILL not modded my us ps2 YET!!!. :oh_no:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Awesome .... I pray for a US release, even though I know the chances are slim.

To be honest though, the 3D polygonal look wouldn't have been my first choice for a Raiden game, although it does look nice.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
Awesome .... I pray for a US release, even though I know the chances are slim.

To be honest though, the 3D polygonal look wouldn't have been my first choice for a Raiden game, although it does look nice.

Yeah, I'm glad they waited until now when they have the technology to do the polygonal stuff right. I doubt it will make it over here, but if it does I'm pre-ordering that shit!

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
it really does look beautifull, cant wait to play it. i remember playing the cade versions on vacation 10 or 11 years ago. it was one of my favorite all time shooters. they could really make a nice horizontall shooter out of macross is they wanted to. too bad it never happened, 3 modes of flying and changing would be dope.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It's almost worth it to me to get a jp ps2 just for the shooters. All those psikyo shooters, and now this!

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Weevus said:
It's almost worth it to me to get a jp ps2 just for the shooters. All those psikyo shooters, and now this!

The sole reason I own a Japanese PS2. It's the current shooter system. The exclusive Cave ports alone are worth the price of admission.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
subcons said:
The sole reason I own a Japanese PS2. It's the current shooter system. The exclusive Cave ports alone are worth the price of admission.

I probably would do it except I just paid for an AES. :kekeke:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'm getting this one for sure. It looks like it's going to be awesome.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I am too lazy to reword it all, this is what I said to someone in an e-mail a few hours ago:

III was not by the same people of course. It looks like a graphically souped-up Raiden and plays worse than any of them. Okay the Raiden ships are slow, but the speed works with the games. They're slow in R III however that does NOT work with the speed of the game/enemies. It moves a bit differently in some ways, a bit like how the RF series or even Radiant Silvergun will take you scrolling all over the place, and doesn't quite run as smoothly as shaved female genitals or whatever wannabe creative metaphor you want to use. It just doesn't work so well. Not a tremendously popular game from what I have seen. Also the graphics went too far. Raiden was better looking proper hand-drawn. I have no incentive to play III again actually.

RF = Raiden Fighters, just to clarify.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
I am too lazy to reword it all, this is what I said to someone in an e-mail a few hours ago:

RF = Raiden Fighters, just to clarify.

I actually thought RF was pretty fun. The power-ups were pretty ridiculous though. It was pretty much about how much firepower you had. Sadly enough, it is one of the better games in the arcade close to my house, ever since they got rid of Outrun 2. :oh_no:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Weevus said:
I actually thought RF was pretty fun. The power-ups were pretty ridiculous though. It was pretty much about how much firepower you had. Sadly enough, it is one of the better games in the arcade close to my house, ever since they got rid of Outrun 2. :oh_no:

Oh I love the whole series except III, the other 6 (Raiden & Raiden Fighters series) are what I consider the greatest series of shooters, they're just brilliant to me. They do what they are supposed to do like no other series of vertical-scrolling shooters do.

The whole comment above was on III.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Neo Bomber Man said:
Raiden III comments

Dude, that's seriously like the joyful air being let right out of my balloon.
I love all the other Raiden games, and if this one doesnt have that proper feel I dunno if I want it. Has anyone else actually played it?
There's a lot of other imports I could buy instead if this doesn't measure up.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was just talking to my friend who was in Japan teaching English, and he was saying that Raiden III was his favorite SHMUP in the arcades when he was there.

He said it plays like the older Raiden games and you can only use the two classic ships, rather then the TONS of ships you could pick from in Hell Dive. He said the look of the game is really nice, all the stuff has a 3-D look to it, but the game play is classic Raiden.

I'd like to give it a try, I'm just glad their keeping the series going.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Loopz said:
Dude, that's seriously like the joyful air being let right out of my balloon.
I love all the other Raiden games, and if this one doesnt have that proper feel I dunno if I want it. Has anyone else actually played it?
There's a lot of other imports I could buy instead if this doesn't measure up.

Hmmmmmmmm.

And then we have the post yours and mine are sandwiching.

Seriously I love the whole series dearly but don't care for III. I didn't like it, you might, who knows. Give it a go (maybe even at a friend's place), I'm sure it won't be the next launch-PS2 selling for $5k before you know it.

I liked it when I first began playing it actually, I was surprised I was enjoying it as much as I was, wondering whether the quality standards set by Seibu Kaihatsu could be upheld. But then for me it just fell apart on its own.

I was exaggerating a bit by the way, you don't go scrolling so much as in Radiant Silvergun, but there's a lot more from what I played than what seemed natural for a Raiden game, and I recall my ship moving horribly during that scroll-locked period, which matters since you may still have stuff shooting at you.

Whatever, it's still quite Raiden-ish in design, you might really like it. It's simply not for me as the feeling & play mechanics did not jive with me.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Do you peeps know of any site with shooter related screensavers? Then my desktop will be complete! :D

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
damn it only got 26 out of 40 from magicbox. im deffenitelkly skippin on this one for sure. better wait for esp 2 for ps2.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
damn it only got 26 out of 40 from magicbox. im deffenitelkly skippin on this one for sure. better wait for esp 2 for ps2.

That's kind of dissapointing. Did Seibu Kaihatsu get bought out?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Weevus said:
That's kind of dissapointing. Did Seibu Kaihatsu get bought out?

I forget what made me think they simply licensed it out much like Cave did with DoDonpachi II. And the results of course were bleh.

That score from MagicBox sounds about right to me.

BIG

sony fanboy
Here's my Raiden III impressions (Type-X):

Pros

- Classic Raiden gameplay.
- Trademark weaponary/system.
- Stunning hi-res visual (via VGA).

Cons

- Rather slow-paced for a next-gen shooter.
- Uninteresting backgrounds.
- Not much in terms of improvement over the previous games.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't Moss comprised of ex-Seibu Kaihatsu employees?

B-

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
BIG said:
Here's my Raiden III impressions (Type-X):

Pros

- Classic Raiden gameplay.
- Trademark weaponary/system.
- Stunning hi-res visual (via VGA).

Cons

- Rather slow-paced for a next-gen shooter.
- Uninteresting backgrounds.
- Not much in terms of improvement over the previous games.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't Moss comprised of ex-Seibu Kaihatsu employees?

B-

Is SB completely gone, or did Moss pull a Playmore?

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
first impressions

after playing it for a lil bit, the game feels very bland and not inspiring..i suggest hardcore raiden fans shouldnt be expecting anything new from this game but im still preordering just to support the genre even if im dissapointed with the game, but the port feels just fine..explosions and bullet patterns feels very welcome...i made it to stage 4 till i ran out of credits..the game is very noob friendly. in the earlier stages..