Raleigh: Fighting Tournament at Mugi's

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi everyone,
Sorry for not posting up sooner. I'm going to make a new "gatherings" post about it, though most of the NC folks seem to be in this thread.

KOF '98 is happening this Saturday, the 28th at 7:00 pm. Will have 2 set-up and hope to get started on time; this one will be faster, I promise. But I hope to make it the biggest one yet.
Tournament entry is included with arcade admission, which is $8 for the day. But prize support will be the biggest yet. Grand prize will be a nice japanese AES copy of KOF '98 or $100, winner's choice. There will be lots of other KOF swag (statues, mooks, console versions, etc.) to choose from for second and third.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
SATURDAY OCT. 10TH

It's time for another Free Play @ Mugi's house

51ydZt0.jpg

We are planning to do the Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Battle with Mitsurugi again. Pretty Similar setup to last year with some "New Challengers" (see what I did there ;)) joining us this time. Food and Drink provided by the Mrs.

Original rules from first post still apply:

A couple of things I want to mention, I have a small house, like a pretty small, 2br house, so I can't exactly have the whole east coast crew here, jus sayin. Also the wife and I don't "drink", refreshments will be available but no booze. Finally I have dogs who were born in a lab and lived there for almost 10 yrs and never learned to piss or shit outside, for this reason we removed all the carpet in our house, and clean up any "accidents" asap. if any of this is a problem for anyone, Too Fookin Bad :p

Date is set for Saturday October 10th

Time: 12 - 9ish, 10 at the latest

I'm already pretty much full on available slots for ppl so this post is basically just to remind everyone for the date and to request it off from work ASAP. We are still about a month and a half out, so hopefully thats enough heads up.

pocket_fbzangief.gif

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Please refer to the thread in Darksoft and I's new forums to vote for additional game availability!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Oh, son of a bitch. I just realized this is the same Saturday as my sister's wedding. Well, I appreciate the thought, Mugicha!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Oh, son of a bitch. I just realized this is the same Saturday as my sister's wedding. Well, I appreciate the thought, Mugicha!

damn man, sorry ya can't make it. You're in the triangle right? we should try to get together sometime with 100proof for a mini-meat.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder

Priorities, man. Priorities.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Save and send me some Bojangles dirty rice.
Funny story about that. I lived in SC when I was fairly young. When I got married, we were living in IN. We drove to Hilton Head for the honeymoon. The first Bojangles sign I saw in TN I almost caused a pile up trying to get from the fast lane off the exit to get some dirty rice. My wife had no idea what the hell was going on.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Bump!

1) We are one month out now. You guys who I spoke with make sure you requested off/got permission, I'm trying to minimize attendance surprises here :lolz:

2) If any of the out of towners require lodging, plz let me know ASAP so we can work something out.

I'm planning to start a little earlier this year. Probably around Noon. Was thinking we could throw whatever we feel like playing in the cabs, then once we get enough ppl we'll start the tourney. If anyone has something specific you want play, go ahead and bring it (IE speicific Neo Carts, there will be NEO this year dammit!!) My collection is but a fraction of panda's and I have not bought anything new in a long time lol.

Last edited: