Ramona Flowers vs. The World official Online multiplayer trailer DLC! February 5!

saner

Krauser's Henchman
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-na-psn-march-12th-2013-the-army-is-awakened/

It's finally arriving!! The largely demanded online multiplayer is releasing Feb. 5! :)

Better late than canned, at least some passionate fans (and people waiting for the DLC before buying this ) will play it online regularly. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOYY9Il_ta8

Yup, it's the best beat em up brawler since River City Ransom. (well Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom and Shadow of Mystara is close,
as well as the 4 players Sailor Moon fan mod.).

DLC comes with a extra character and the online multiplayer.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise--loved the game and now a reason to play it again!

I'd actually start firing up my PS3 again to do some multiplayer with some of you fools --anyone up for that? :D

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
What's this 4-Player Sailor Moon mod? I've only played the horrible OpenBOR games that one guy was making and they just felt like the Super Famicom games with different sprites. The Sailor Moon arcade game is hands down one of the worst video games I ever played. Even on MAME with unlimited credits I got so frustrated halfway through the game I quit and never touched it again. Thank god I played it via MAME because being the fan that I am I would have bought the board.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif
Ramona_victory-1-.gif

Lemony Vengeance

Wow, this is a pleasant surprise--loved the game and now a reason to play it again!

I'd actually start firing up my PS3 again to do some multiplayer with some of you fools --anyone up for that? :D

I would be if you had a 360.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I'll play with anyone who wants... add me on ps3 - KingTelephone

just let me know who you are on here.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave

with that avatar I take it you really enjoyed the game :D
the first time I played it with 3 buddies of mine it blew my mind completely, classic beat'em up fun with tons of cool details.

This is AWESOME news indeed, both this game and Kof XIII are the only reasons I will eventually buy a ps3 somewhere in the future so being able to play this online will result in more awesomeness.

Lemony Vengeance

with that avatar I take it you really enjoyed the game :D

It's a well known fact that this is one of my favorite games EVER. The pixel art, the gameplay and especially the soundtrack make this one of the best games ever made to me.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
It's a well known fact that this is one of my favorite games EVER. The pixel art, the gameplay and especially the soundtrack make this one of the best games ever made to me.

he lem-

looks like someone is biting on my style, right?

but yeah. day one for this dlc. im in.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
oh shit nice, I love this game, except when it freezes like every single time I play with my girlfriend and about half of the time when I play by myself. but yeah still, I'll get it and hopefully it works nicer and online will be tons of fun.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I think it's grand they are finally coming out with the multiplayer, but am I the only one that feels this is kind of, of I don't know, really long overdue? I'm left wondering how awesome this would have been had there been multiplayer right out the gate. It kind of reminds me of the new Double Dragon. Amazing game in which they are promising online multiplayer, yet we're still waiting.

Regardless I'm pumped and will get a chance to play this with my friends online as I've yet to actually do any local multiplayer.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For any of the folks also on the 360 they finally put the DLC pack in to play as Knives, it's the same price that Wallace costs. I hope the online will work good. The last Ubisoft brawler I played was that horrible Turtles in Time Re-Shelled and it had TONS of lag and if the host left, the whole game ended. It's not like X-Men where if the host leaves it'll just make another player the host and it will continue. I'm really glad their doing this because the game needed to be able to play with other non-local players.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nice this is coming now i have a reason to play scott pilgrim vs the world again :buttrock:

aria

Former Moderator
I wonder if this will bring that one plushie dude from Jacksonville who send his wife into a terrible neighborhood for Popeye's is going to come back because of this.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
What's this 4-Player Sailor Moon mod? I've only played the horrible OpenBOR games that one guy was making and they just felt like the Super Famicom games with different sprites. The Sailor Moon arcade game is hands down one of the worst video games I ever played. Even on MAME with unlimited credits I got so frustrated halfway through the game I quit and never touched it again. Thank god I played it via MAME because being the fan that I am I would have bought the board.

WTF. Salior Moon arcade is one of the greatest arcade beat em ups ever made. It completely surpasses all the Double Dragons and Final Fights too. And has Streets of Rage 2/3 quality techniques like air down+attack jump ins, grapples, running/dash attacks, and more.
Plus one of the few beat em ups that include 5 (FIVE) characters with 5 (five) UNIQUE fighting styles, and each character having many many super moves based on the amount of crystals they collected, which requires hardcore survival.

Also Sailor Moon R Plus may be OpenBOR, but it's the only Sailor Moon beat em up game that supports 4 players co-op (doesn't require Dreamcast version, I played it with friends on one keyboard) while being faithful to the series. It has less moves than the official arcade game, but still much more fun than those other OpenBOR mods. :)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
WTF. Salior Moon arcade is one of the greatest arcade beat em ups ever made. It completely surpasses all the Double Dragons and Final Fights too. And has Streets of Rage 2/3 quality techniques like air down+attack jump ins, grapples, running/dash attacks, and more. Plus one of the few beat em ups that include 5 unique fighting styles, and each character having many many super moves based on the amount of crystals they collected, which requires hardcore survival.

I'm w/ saner on this one.

Viva Gazelle!

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Yup, it's the best beat em up brawler since River City Ransom. (well Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom and Shadow of Mystara is close,
as well as the 4 players Sailor Moon fan mod.).

Hahahahaha okay no.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Then I played a different game, or my computer or MAME was out of date. I thought the game was horrible and I've been a fan of Sailor Moon since I was 13 years old. It didn't matter which character I picked the game felt sluggish and your attacks did next to no damage. You constantly got ganged up on and whenever you did use your spin attack (P+J) it took off more life to your characters then the enemies. Even when I was able to make it through a large chunk of the game keeping the crystals and a few times they didn't work because the boss was in the middle of his/her getting up animation so I ended up wasting them. The final fight with Beryl was a pain in the ass because she floats at just the right height where standing attacks didn't work and only a jump attack would work, and it would only knock her down and take a tiny bit of health off. For me the Super Famicom games were more fun, but when it comes to console beat em' ups it's Streets of Rage 2 for me.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@ MJ- yeah boss, I think it must've been your MAME rig or the rawm that needed sorting out.

Game isn't sluggish in my experience at all.

Quarter munching cheapness in spots? Fur sure.

Really wish this one (and Guardians II) would've seen home ports.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is just too late for me to honestly care.

Will it be free?

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
I think the Scott Pilgrim game is decent, but I would've preferred that it didn't include the leveling up/stats mechanic. They should've gave you all the moves and combos from the get go and found a good balance between power and speed.

It's good to see they're still supporting it.