Razion "Ex" coming to Nintendo Switch

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Well this is good news I suppose.

Razion Ex coming to Switch

Look like NGDev team will be making an enhanced version of Razion for the Switch in a similar vein to Gunlord X. Personally, I would like to have it on my MVS and will purchase it someday. I know some people are not big NGDev team fans but hopefully this is another step in the direction of them making some new Neo Geo content. Like them or loath them, they make some technically professional titles.

NGDEVTEAM have just sent out a newsletter, which gives us a lot of details about Razion EX.

Dear customers,

we will sell Razion EX (Nintendo Switch) in two batches.

1st batch of 700 units: 17. May 19:00 (7 PM CEST)
2nd batch of 700 units: 05. June 19:00 (7 PM CEST)

For the 1st batch the limit per order is 2 units of each. So max is 2x LE + 2x RE

Print Run:

RE: 1500 units, less than 1400 available
LE: 1500 units, less than 1400 available

The Limited Edition is exclusive to NGDEV-Direct

Orders with a CE/LE or with more than one item get shipped boxed.

The Limited Edition (LE) comes with:

Razion EX game for Nintendo Switch
Limited Edition custom cardboard box
Soundtrack CD
Manual mini booklet
Set of 4 postcards
Sticker sheet with 3 stickers
Numbering printed on the box

Photos can be found in the shop: https://www.ngdevdirect.com/

Due to the Corona virus situation we regretfully currently only can ship to the following countries:

EU: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden

USA: only the 50 states, not to territories, not to armed forces

World: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom*
* we can't ship to Northern Ireland

For UK we unfortunately still have a minimum order value of ~135 GBP.
We recommend to do group orders or use mail forwarding Germany to UK.

Details can be found in the shipping policy.

Hinweis fuer Deutsche Kunden:
Verkauf nur an Volljaehrige.
Der Versand erfolgt als DHL 2KG Paket inkl. ab 18 Alterssichtpruefung

--------------------------------------------------------------

Old shop:

This is a reminder that we switched to a new shop system. You will need a new account to order Razion EX for Nintendo Switch.
This is the last time the old newsletter will be used for a Nintendo Switch game.

Here is the announcement trailer for our next physical Nintendo Switch game: Razion EX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4952fQLG94

We also opened the official website with information about the game system, controls, screenshots etc.

http://razion.ngdevteam.com/

The release is scheduled for the next 2 weeks. We will announce the exact date and time in a few days.

RAZION EX is a horizontal 16 bit CGI shooting game.
The score system is based on growing gold cubes and using the beam
It has 3 game modes (NOVICE/NORMAL/MANIAC).

Novice mode is significantly easier and will allow more people to enjoy the great graphics and music.

Game
6 stages with varied settings
6 huge end bosses
7 sub bosses
3 game modes
Rendered 16-bit CGI graphics
Horizontal shooting game
60 fps

Changes for EX version:

- reworked game play
- re-balanced and reduced difficulty
- added bullet canceling for certain enemies
- reworked controls and ship movements
- upgraded graphics and added 32 bit effects
- upgraded to widescreen
- added scanline filter
- slightly reworked levels
- reworked scoring mechanics
- unlock-able continues
- added training mode for unlocked levels and bosses
- added small ending
- CD quality music

Controls:

Shot 1
Shot 2
Beam

Hold [Shot 1] for slow focus movement. It also shows your hitzone.
Holding [Shot 2] does not activate slow focus movement.
All shots have auto fire.

Game system and scoring:

Collecting cubes reloads your beam faster.
After a beam was fired your shot system needs to cool down to regain full power again
Grow cubes to increase your score. Scoring high grants extra lives.
Cubes can disappear and break if too long exposed or get outside of the screen.
Use the beam to freeze or re-freeze cubes so they exist longer.

There is a boss multiplier. Get this as high as possible for a high endboss bonus.
There is a penalty on the boss multiplier if you fire too much beams in a boss fight.

The enemy multiplier is dynamic and influences how much score you receive by each enemy.
It's influenced by the amount and status of the cubes on the screen.

Tips:

- Unlock more continues by playing the game or training mode.

- Enemy bullets have a very small hitzone.

- At the end of the stage there is a sizeable "BOSS NO BEAM BONUS" if you didn't fire any beam in the boss fight.

- Score high to receive extra lives

- Frozen cubes can slowly freeze other nearby cubes.

- The ultimate goal of a STG/shmup is to clear it with only 1 continue (1CC).

----------------------------- AES ------------------------------------

The shipping next batch of Kraut Buster AES is planned for October.

The general status for Kraut Buster AES and Fast Striker AES can be found here in the product texts: https://shop.ngdevteam.com/
And in our newsletters and facebook.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
How quick did it take the first batch to sell out? Would like to try my luck at the second batch.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
If too many people play the games too many people will figure out they aren’t that great.
True, in this case it's just a case of way more demand than supply and even though the game isn't all that great, it pisses me off that these idiots at ngdev always, without fail, underestimates demand. Maybe next batch, if not - no loss.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
True, in this case it's just a case of way more demand than supply and even though the game isn't all that great, it pisses me off that these idiots at ngdev always, without fail, underestimates demand. Maybe next batch, if not - no loss.
You’re not paying attention. They aren’t idiots. This is how they do things. On purpose. It’s the Ferrari F50 model (only sell it to customers so loyal they’ll never complain about the car or sell it on to someone who will). In all things, exclusivity. Your customer base only gets more hardcore the more you shrink it...and not having a download version for sure creates scarcity.

If NG:DEV games were Mario level common they’d be in the crap bin with all the stuff from Codemasters and EA.

The second batch is now sold. It took probably only 2 minutes to sell out, and that was a few seconds too short for me. I could just fill my shopping cart, but got stuck at the PayPal checkout, because the product was no longer available.

I haven't noticed any measures like captchas to stop bots from buying. And now, the f*cking scalpers are already selling their snagged copies for three times the original price and more. And they are finding their buyers, who are willing to pay.