rcaido gameroom & garage arcade! part deux

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Update pics

Sony PVM - SNES,Genesis, NES, Saturn, 3DO, & Gamecube. Also a super gun on the bottom.
retro.jpg

XBR960 setup
20150101_104523_zpss7qbeeg3.jpg

Got a new Blast City & some paint. Go Hawks!
20141228_221716_zpsjkrojej3.jpg

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey rcaido, man, I love your game room. I wish I live in your area. I'd be in your house all day playing SSF2X. I know you main Gief, so we could practice all day. Also, your Captain America Stick Looks awesome. Where did you get it?..... lol.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Boy oh boy, that Daytona 2 is a thing of beauty! Still wish I had mine...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
so THATS the model of that Sony widescreen CRT! now to start tracking one down! awesome room!

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Hey rcaido, man, I love your game room. I wish I live in your area. I'd be in your house all day playing SSF2X. I know you main Gief, so we could practice all day. Also, your Captain America Stick Looks awesome. Where did you get it?..... lol.

It was an empty case i got a long time ago. Repainted, put a IL euro stick & competition buttons. My first stick project. Yeah mon, i wish i had someone to play ST with. My FGC is stuck playing SFIV & anime fighters. So when i have my gatherings im usually watching or just playing 1player ST. :(

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
It was an empty case i got a long time ago. Repainted, put a IL euro stick & competition buttons. My first stick project. Yeah mon, i wish i had someone to play ST with. My FGC is stuck playing SFIV & anime fighters. So when i have my gatherings im usually watching or just playing 1player ST. :(
I'm asking because it kind of looks like a Red Octane empty Stick case I sold on SRK a long time ago.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
WOW! Small world man, thanks for your case haha...

351597443.jpg

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Dude, you really did a great job. The stick looks awesome. I love custom (wooden) arcade stick. Too bad you don't see them anymore. All you see now are those Madcatz fighsticks...

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah i really dont get the popularity with those Madcatz sticks, the pcbs are terrible & casing is too light for me. I really like my sticks heavy, i thought the Panzer stick from Jansen was perfect until i got a Blast City Control panel w/ housing. That's my main stick for consoles now.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh, is that what it is? I thought the stick in the pic was a Sega Saturn HSS-0130. I need to get me one of those HSS-0130 sticks. They look sexy as hell. I have two Egret II but I need one of those for console play.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
What kind of cabs are those black ones?
I dig 'em.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
The black ones are single player Kraylix custom cabs.

With the SFV coming along, i ended up putting my PS4 into my Kraylix cab. I removed the ps360+ and put universal brooks PCBs.
20160217_011237_zpsuucc8qeg.jpg
20160216_212045_zpszrpkhnu5.jpg
20160217_122803_zpsysvgtops.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the Playchoice and the Red Tent, so awesome! All the cabs look sweet, stay away from 8 buttons, you should know better than that.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah Id love to do up the garage like that..but I don't have one lol. Looks awesome

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rcaido, could you do me a solid and give me the measurement of the Capcom Kraylix from the bottom of the cab to the bottom of the CP, I'd like to know what the leg room cleareance is as it looks pretty comfy, also if you wouldn't mind the distance from the end of the CP to the start of the base, I hope I'm making some sort of sense here, I'm in the works of designing something...also, a suggestion, have you thought of adding some spacers to the new LCD, you must have changed it since PS4 is 1080p only amirite? Anyway, I was thinking you could use some sort of inner bezel with ir exposed...just a thought.

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice setup. How are the Kraylix cabinets? They look awesome, I was thinking of getting one.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Rcaido, could you do me a solid and give me the measurement of the Capcom Kraylix from the bottom of the cab to the bottom of the CP, I'd like to know what the leg room cleareance is as it looks pretty comfy, also if you wouldn't mind the distance from the end of the CP to the start of the base, I hope I'm making some sort of sense here, I'm in the works of designing something...also, a suggestion, have you thought of adding some spacers to the new LCD, you must have changed it since PS4 is 1080p only amirite? Anyway, I was thinking you could use some sort of inner bezel with ir exposed...just a thought.

Yeah from the floor to the very bottom of the CP is 22" 3/4 & for the leg room is 8 1/2" to the end of the CP. The single kraylix is actually more comfortable though, its 23" off the floor & 10 1/2" away from the CP. As for adding bezel, im pretty much done doing anything with the cab of fixing it up. As long as it plays im ok with it.

blakeb8111 - Kraylix cabs are awesome, i would go w/ 2 singles though. Its hard to find a 32" that doesn't have very low input lag compared to the 23" which there are a abundance to choose form.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks man, I have a design I've been working on and I was thinking of going 24" cleareance and 12" to the end of the CP. I know it seems like a lot but I like to make it with even measurements, it's just a thing and I was thinking perhaps it was gonna be too tall but I'm glad you gave me that info as it seems that I'm kind of in the right area more or less. I really appreciate it.

The design is based on these designs, I like the straight cuts.
G-Balance
20140314182419-guilecomicnews-image.jpg

Delta 32
delta32_cabinet.jpg

My plan is to use this 32" Bravia LCD I have, I have 2 of them, they play really well, haven't had any issues with lag, I'm sure there's some like in all LCDs but in all honesty it has worked very well for me in fighters, shooters, MAME, all sorts of stuff. The LCD is 60hz and it has a decent S-Video as well, I've 1cc Gradius Deluxe in it, so that's something. The TV measures 32" width so I'm making a 32" square covered in glass to allow rotation, I have some drawings and some computer plans, I'll share when it's a more tangible project, I've been toying with this idea for quite a while now and I just haven't commited yet as I have redesigned it time and again but I'm finally coming close to being happy with what I got.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Your room is paradise for all gamer people really .... Great collection ;)

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I ended up rearranging my garage arcade & transformed into arcade/gym. Needed some gains haha

I've been meaning to post an update but it was always a mess. Had a gathering Friday, so here is an update.

20161209_215326_zpsctvegm9j.jpg
20161209_215259_zpsfem57fhu.jpg
20161209_215345_zpsoigsfyyi.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Very cool setup! Wish my garage was that big!