RE4 Remake soon

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
While I'm not going to goobsperg about how good 4 was, the remake is out soon.

Not long x

Still not calling the original the best game of all time - the GameCube could barely run it

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I quit the original game when the tiny lesbian needed me to hide her in a treasure chest.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I still don't know why they're remaking RE4... the original game still holds up really well imo. Should have pushed their resources into remaking Code: Veronica - great game, but visuals are dating steadily.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I still don't know why they're remaking RE4... the original game still holds up really well imo. Should have pushed their resources into remaking Code: Veronica - great game, but visuals are dating steadily.
CV was cool, it was the last of the REs with classic tank controls, iirc. Didnt give me the same buzz as 4 but was fun to play and complete, took me quite a while. However, while I almost immediately started another run in RE4 when I had completed it for the first time, I never felt the urge to return to CV. A remake might change that.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I liked Code: Veronica as well because it centered on the science gone haywire aspect of RE which I like the most. Let's face it, Zombies aren't very scary or interesting, they're like drunken, aggressive retards. On topic: I'll probably get this as well, the RE2 remake was great, will skip 3 since it was widely panned.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Greatly looking forward to this. I've enjoyed all the modern RE games and remakes (except 3, that was a rush job). Finished up the Dead Space remake just last night, and that was excellent overall. Hope they refresh part 2 as well - banger of a game.

Agreed, though, Code Veronica needs some love.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I've never finished a single RE.

I've only finished 1, 2, 4 and 5.

Never finished Zero, 3, CV or 6.

I only played 7 very briefly and never playes 8. Both looked good to me but too scary for me. I don't want to be stressed out when playing games.

Can't even keep track of all the non-mainline games. Though I guess I beat Revalations as well.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
if it weren't for the crappy controls, RE Mercenaries was also a pretty fun game on the 3DS. Kind of the perfect game for a portable...shame about the controls tho.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I liked Code: Veronica as well because it centered on the science gone haywire aspect of RE which I like the most. Let's face it, Zombies aren't very scary or interesting, they're like drunken, aggressive retards. On topic: I'll probably get this as well, the RE2 remake was great, will skip 3 since it was widely panned.

I am currently playing 3 on the steamdeck and loving it.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It should be great and hopefully actually scary given the new engine. The original was great cheese but never creepy.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Why should I, it's entertaining! :D
Well, if you're comfortable with the forums being abused for the benefit of something that has no benefit to our little community, then that's your perogative.

I guess vitriol is entertaining.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Code Veronica might be the most boring mainline RE game aside from the garbage fire that was 6. By the ice base part I already lost all interest.

6 is the only RE game I never completed. I played about an hour of it at release, quit, and have never ever once had the inclination to return to it.

As far as I'm concerned 6 doesn't even exist. Gun Survivor is a better game than that fucking turd.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Played through 4 and 2 a lot, the remake of 2 was fantastic enough that it lends to be a competent game in its own right without completely replacing the original. Gameplay, control, etc was fantastic but the original 2 was still a great game in its own right.

5 is actually a great game so long as you have expectation management. As a resident evil game, it's not a good representation. As a co-op third person shooter with zombies and campy dialogue, it's phenomenal.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive only beat 1 (gamecube remake, not original), 2, 4, CV.

Nevr played 6, didnt like the two character thing of 5, 7 was ok and 8 was just more of 7.

Though I did play though the RE2 and 3 remakes. Beat 2, lost interest in 3.

I liked playing with the mods though, getting the girls with huge unrealistic boobs with realistic physics was funny

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, if you're comfortable with the forums being abused for the benefit of something that has no benefit to our little community, then that's your perogative.

I guess vitriol is entertaining.
Nobody really cared for that thread until kernow started posting in there, followed by a few others. awbacon's vids aren't exactly high-hitters so I'm not sure if you could call the hits he gets from here a benefit.