RE4 Remake soon

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have only played and beaten RE4 on the Wii (lol) sometime after 2010.

I had a GameCube on launch. Really not sure why I didn’t play RE4 at the time. Probably was playing Halo or some dumb shit like that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have only played and beaten RE4 on the Wii (lol) sometime after 2010.

I had a GameCube on launch. Really not sure why I didn’t play RE4 at the time. Probably was playing Halo or some dumb shit like that.
Oh my sweet summer gooblet

venchia3

n00b

from Yesterday’s State of Play, looks more and more convincing with each footage released

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I haven't watched anything about this game
One month 👌
All the filler yus
8>4

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I watched,eu review of it awhile ago at least from what he complains about he prefers the original RE4 game play over the remake.Still it's not like i'm not interested in the RE4 remake at all i still want to try the game myself asap.I was gonna try the demo out but my hd is getting full on the ps4.Also i been looking to buy a PS5 sooner or later so i'll probably try the RE4 remake then.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The gamecube could barely run it yet had better shadows than the pc port and more enemies than ps2 port.

From my playing the demo the RE4 demo is pretty sus. Shotgun isn't the crowd control it once was, aiming is off, leons cia glowie ptsd training is cringe. From the few cutscenes ive seen it just looks awkward.There seems to be a lot of lag when running and stopping to shoot too. Even the violence is censored no getting your head cutoff.

Most of all I don't get to see my best boy wolf or my husbando on the inventory screen. Instead I get a power point minimalist font that has a herbs menu to combine automatically for you since red + green to make a full heal is ancient knowledge and too complicated for zoomers.

Atleast we get to have luis on our team for co-op. If im not mistaken we are not getting mercenaries right away either which is balls.

I love the new chief fedora look and leon giving him a love tap

also rip mario you will be missed.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm sorry if anyone says the GC original is better you can stay living in 2003 you saddos

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Mobile version IOS is best versions hands down with gamecube right behind it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The gamecube could barely run it yet had better shadows than the pc port and more enemies than ps2 port.

From my playing the demo the RE4 demo is pretty sus. Shotgun isn't the crowd control it once was, aiming is off, leons cia glowie ptsd training is cringe. From the few cutscenes ive seen it just looks awkward.There seems to be a lot of lag when running and stopping to shoot too. Even the violence is censored no getting your head cutoff.

Most of all I don't get to see my best boy wolf or my husbando on the inventory screen. Instead I get a power point minimalist font that has a herbs menu to combine automatically for you since red + green to make a full heal is ancient knowledge and too complicated for zoomers.

Atleast we get to have luis on our team for co-op. If im not mistaken we are not getting mercenaries right away either which is balls.

I love the new chief fedora look and leon giving him a love tap

also rip mario you will be missed.

Sounds bad.

What was I thinking to look forward to something.

Ah well, gonna give it a try anyway.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Don't listen to the haters, it's going to be fucking awesome. The demo was legit.

It's modernized in all the right ways, like the RE2 remake. Capcom seems to have really put the effort into it, they know how beloved the game is and they weren't content to just HDify it. Plus the demo is just the very first area, it's a huge game. I'm sure once you get a couple upgrades in the weapons will be fine and I wouldn't say the enemy AI being better is a negative like a lot of people are. Christ do people literally just want the exact same game just in HD? The GC version is a classic but it's 20 fucking years old now. All the little quality of life improvements add up quickly. Basic shit that should have been there in the first place. Hell the camera and updated controls alone will make it worth the upgrade.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Only five days left now... I know what I'll be doing most of next weekend!

But, still, the voice actor for the merchant is not the same, so it's already an inferior game in my mind... :loco:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
lol, yeah I've taken days off for Resi Evil releases in the past, not this time though, but I think I'll see if I can change my office work day to Friday. Can pick it up on the way home then, and saves me a trip into the city.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Demo is awesome. This game fits so perfectly into the RE Engine. I'm legitimately hype now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Chainsaw demo hit a few patches of slowdown on Steam Deck but only a few frames at a time here and there. Very responsive controls, impressive overall.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Any initial thoughts? The graphics are great, as you'd perhaps expect, but I'm not loving the gameplay so far. It's good, but I think I prefer the original... dunno that might change, I'm ony about half-way through so far.

Definitely not better than 8.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Picked my copy up this weekend, planning on playing it a bit next week when I'm home

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I like it, it's just a modernized re4 pretty much
It was never my fave re