RE4 Remake soon

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I don't think I'd bother with that shit... makes me feel like it would be self-inflicted sadism.

Think I've only ever done an "extreme" mode once and that was The Last Of Us.... that was brutal, especailly the sawmill section.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Beat on hardcore game is perfect. Every change they did supersedes the original. The writing is consistent, hit detection better than ever, parry system and durability is a great addition. I also enjoyed backtracking request to kill rats,superdogs, etc. My favorite change is equipping gacha charms to reduce my rng. But my most favorite change is fighting most enemies is optional. All in all no reason to play the dated janky original.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Don't have a PS5 yet but I've been watching a lot gameplay footage and yeah everything seems vastly improved. The mine cart section is bonkers. Also this has some of the best lighting and weather effects in anything.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I only played a little before being swamped with work this week AND by having my video card almost die on me on PC, and I was very embarassed with the amount of times I died in the first village setup scene on the hardest difficulty the game gives you. But it looks and plays well aside from the breakable knife thing (come on).

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I didn't even try hardcore because fuck that. I knew it was gonna be a struggle. When it asks you if you've played RE4 before I was like yes, now give me pussy mode pls.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I didn't even try hardcore because fuck that. I knew it was gonna be a struggle. When it asks you if you've played RE4 before I was like yes, now give me pussy mode pls.
Yeah from what I've seen on hardcore mode unless you have the weapons really leveled up and ticket weapon perks, especially the 5x critical shot perk you're going to have a hellish time. I'm all for playing on an easier difficulty if it mean actually enjoying the game, I've done if for a couple that otherwise I would have just rage quit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
knife breaking and taking up inventory space was a stupid idea.

Did we not learn anything from Breath of the Wild?

Picked it up this evening. I like the better controls, but I'm only right past the first town. Didn't have a ton of time to play. But yeah - after like 2 attacks my knife breaks. And then you can pick up steak knives, or pay $4k to fix your combat knife.

Who the fuck brought that to the table, and then who the fuck at Capcom said "yeah that sounds like a great idea."

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I have no interest in this game, but i am happy that Tak will be getting a new console because of the discussion surrounding it.
I think i could play it on steam deck, but as i said earlier, when you had to put the tagalong bitch in the box and protect her or whatever i lost interest and went back to playing alien hominid iirc.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I almost rage quit the game on normal difficulty, let alome trying hardcore mode. Bollocks to that.

It is a great looking game, no doubt, but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired on initial play through imo.

It's also ridiculously long.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
The original took me over 20hrs first time I think

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
The section where you play as her has been totally redesigned, it's nuts now

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah I remember the original was stupidly long as well.

However, with improved weapons and memorization of routes and events, time can be significantly cut on playthroughs. I think with RE8 my initial playtime was like 15 hours or something... now I can complete it in half that time.

Anyway, this is reminding me of playing the Last of Us Part 2 - getting to the point where I just want it to end.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

However, with improved weapons and memorization of routes and events, time can be significantly cut on playthroughs. I think with RE8 my initial playtime was like 15 hours or something... now I can complete it in half that time.

Anyway, this is reminding me of playing the Last of Us Part 2 - getting to the point where I just want it to end.
I was doing 8 in just over 3hrs fully powered up

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Long game last of us 2. Story is harsh AF tho

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Long game last of us 2. Story is harsh AF tho
Yeah, I think it says a lot that I've only completed it once and not gone back to it.

The original game I've finished so many times I've lost count, and across PS3, PS4 and PS5. Did all the difficulty settings on PS4 as well.

I probably will go back through RE4 more or less immediately, simply because I'd like to have a higher opinion of the game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm not going back for a while but I do think hardcore would be fun on new game plus

Holy shit who is going to go in on hardcore
Game is fucking brutal I've played the original at least ten times. I cannot imagine the "fun" I'd have playing it here

Ps play 7 and 8
7 before 8 it's fucking harrowing