Recent Shmups / Collections - Which Console?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

Is there any reason to prefer Switch over PS4 or vice versa when it comes to the recent gaggle of non-exclusive shmups? I'm thinking along the lines of Esp.Ra.De, GG Aleste Collection, etc. I've heard some Switch shmups (e.g., Psikyo stuff) have pretty bad lag and whatnot, so I'm not sure if this is something that's inherent to the console or just lame programming.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was thinking about this exact thread idea. If I ever got a Vewlix, I'd pop a 360 and PS4 in there for the fighters and ships, but I have a lot on the switch as well.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
No idea since I own neither. Although I am a bit disappointed that the Aleste collection doesn't include the msx titles.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
No idea since I own neither. Although I am a bit disappointed that the Aleste collection doesn't include the msx titles.

I still need to buy an MSX flash cart to play the OG games.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The Aleste collection looks like it intentionally has just enough holes to allow a future Vol 2. But that would be pure speculation.

If you're able to, sample the same game on PS4 and Switch and see if you have any performance difference. I tend to get better scores / clears on one of those than the other (likely due to owing an arcade stick), but it's something you should try for yourself.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The Aleste collection looks like it intentionally has just enough holes to allow a future Vol 2. But that would be pure speculation.

If you're able to, sample the same game on PS4 and Switch and see if you have any performance difference. I tend to get better scores / clears on one of those than the other (likely due to owing an arcade stick), but it's something you should try for yourself.

Yeah, I don't even have a PS4/5 yet, but I ordered esprade and Aleste from Amazon JP. I might get rade on Switch as a download to compare, just for kicks.