Record collecting

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
All this videogame soundtrack talk makes me wish they'd release that Streets of Rage 2 vinyl already.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I just mailed them again. If they keep fucking around I'll ask for a refund. Funny thing is: a friend who lives in the same city already recieved it a while ago.

Ask for a refund. IMO it's not very good and almost all tracks are arranged versions.

Also on the 23rd the repress of carpenter brutes trilogy go up for preorder.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Ask for a refund. IMO it's not very good and almost all tracks are arranged versions.

That's awesome news! Where's the Carpenter Brut Trilogy repress being sold through? I really don't want to miss this repress.

EDIT: Never mind I found it, it's through neuroparecords. It's supposed to drop specifically at noon Brussels time, on that day.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
97b3192f12a046f668bedf3e0308632a.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
:drool_2:
[Let's hope they have a lot more copies up for grabs this time...]

//EDIT: lol, 500 copies.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I got so behind on discogs that I dread ever having to catch up :oh_no:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I remember someone on here looking for the Hotline Miami soundtrack (roker?) - I got a Mail from iam8bit that a few copies are going to be available tomorrow (01/21) "at a random time"... maybe whoever it was can get lucky.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I remember someone on here looking for the Hotline Miami soundtrack (roker?) - I got a Mail from iam8bit that a few copies are going to be available tomorrow (01/21) "at a random time"... maybe whoever it was can get lucky.

yeah, that was me.

It says sold out on the website, I wonder if they were already offered?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Looks like a more living room friendly version of the 120:

04a769a55a2ad35cf8ee5d9412ded084_9816.jpg

https://www.avforums.com/review/audio-technica-at-lp5-turntable-review.12034

didn't know about this till now. I don't think it's been released in the US yet, but if you're looking for a more "audiophile" look and prefer direct drive like I do, this may be an option. Rumored to be priced at 500, which I believe is a bit much. Should be more in the sub $300 range, but then again, that may change. Besides the rubber mat and the different platter, I'd wager a bet the internals and tone arm are identical to the LP120. Still, it has less of an 80s-futuristic look and from what I've read, it's supposed to be dampened even more than the 120, this might be worth it to some people.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
At that price, they're really going to have to justify the cost when compared to other TTs in that price range. Though I suppose without hearing it, I shouldn't jump to conclusions that it's a Chinese POS.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
At that price, they're really going to have to justify the cost when compared to other TTs in that price range. Though I suppose without hearing it, I shouldn't jump to conclusions that it's a Chinese POS.

Ha. Well it is Chinese made. So it can go either way. People were spoiled by Japanese and European made tables of yore.

But I can attest that my AT table is well put together. But even I think that 500 dollar price tag is steep.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Don't know... the whole "random time" thing is really dumb.

That's the whole gig with screen printed artwork, always drops at a random time and people go nuts. It's awful.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Just got this in. I knew it had a promo notch in the jacket. I didn't know that it was still sealed. It's not everyday you get to be the first guy to drop a needle on a 30 year old LP. Pretty cool way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of BTiLC!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I've dusted off the tec12's and will sift through the old collection this weekend.
It's roughly 1/4 techno, 1/4 trance, 1/4 IDM & electro, 1/4 70's/80's rock & pop.
I'm sure I'm way overdue for new cartridges, and recommendations in the $50ish/ea range?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've dusted off the tec12's and will sift through the old collection this weekend.
It's roughly 1/4 techno, 1/4 trance, 1/4 IDM & electro, 1/4 70's/80's rock & pop.
I'm sure I'm way overdue for new cartridges, and recommendations in the $50ish/ea range?

I'm a DJ so I'm bias, but the shure m44-7's are great IMO.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm a DJ so I'm bias, but the shure m44-7's are great

This^.

They just work. Solid construction. Easy to source parts (read: styli) for. The NAC of cartridges, lol.

I've scratched with them, played out live with them, broadcasted, and done home studio work with them. Nice, even, predicable sound...wether on their own, held down by a 4g weight, or 2pennies taped to the top.

KHSU 90.9 FM used to rock Stanton 680HPs. The supposedly superior sound quality of HPs is a myth...that I debunked, w/ empirical evidence-by changing up the cartridges whenever I did my show. The station engineer could not tell the difference; was just happy I was dogging out my own needles.

Pound for pound, unfukwitable. It's a Shure Thing! ;^)

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Don't know... the whole "random time" thing is really dumb.

Whoa, just got my order through. I had already added it to my cart because of a glitch but couldn't check out. I'm psyched.

I'm a DJ so I'm bias, but the shure m44-7's are great IMO.

I prefer it for pop/hip-hop/dance

But for my rock or jazz stuff, I'd recommend these two:

Audio Technica AT95e (35 dollars!)
Shure 97xe (70 dollars)

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i use the Shure M44-G's for hiphop/electronic/DJing - very similar to the M44-7's but I find them a little more balanced in sound, and wear out records less than the m44-7's supposedly (if you back cue/scratch at all).

for jazz, ambient, modern classical, etc. i use the Shure 97xE's as well, really nice sound for the price.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I am pretty sure that the M44-7 is the standard Rock Ola cartridge.

Damn thing plays anything.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Whoa, just got my order through. I had already added it to my cart because of a glitch but couldn't check out. I'm psyched.

Damn, was working today, but was checking the site periodically. Looks like I missed out though unfortunately. Congrats on getting your order in though!