Record collecting

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The soundtrack to Ghostbusters was the first album I ever owned on any format. I used to play that, "The Chipmunks", and the Gambler on loop when I was around 5. Still have the Ghostbuster LP too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So what is everyone using to store their awesome video game soundtracks? I'm using a cheap plastic crate I foundand its *just* not wide enough for a standard LP. Luckily I only have 12, so they can be stored canted for the time being.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So what is everyone using to store their awesome video game soundtracks? I'm using a cheap plastic crate I foundand its *just* not wide enough for a standard LP. Luckily I only have 12, so they can be stored canted for the time being.

Nothing. Just asked above how to transport them. I'm pretty resourceful. I'll come up with something soon and post it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So I'm moving here very soon. what are the best options to transport my stuff?

Plastic crates? Banker Boxes?

How far is the move? Across town, across the county, or somewhere in between?

How many records? 50, 500, or 5000?

I only ask, because depending on your answers-there are different appropriate solutions. I've made each of the above moves multiple times, with different numbers of records each time.

Another way to do it (if your move involves a moving van) is fill the furniture/cabinet/shelving system you use currently with the wax. Plastic and blanket wrap the cabinet, and make it the last thing you load on the truck.

Unwrap it at the new crib, and viola!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hiring movers. Going about 20 hours north from Texas to Michigan. My collection is a paltry 150 or so records :emb:

I figured I'll take my most important ones with me in my car and pack some of my less important in a box to put on a truck. Just don't want them to get damaged that's all.

I may take all in my car. I plan to take my turntable with.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hiring movers. Going about 20 hours north from Texas to Michigan. My collection is a paltry 150 or so records :emb:

I figured I'll take my most important ones with me in my car and pack some of my less important in a box to put on a truck. Just don't want them to get damaged that's all.

I may take all in my car. I plan to take my turntable with.

20 hr ride, no worries of damage? Cop a couple of these, and you are good.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161965621545
87a1b6e6c2a741cf5d93e612bd82eee7.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ask for a refund. IMO it's not very good and almost all tracks are arranged versions.

Also on the 23rd the repress of carpenter brutes trilogy go up for preorder.

They still haven't shipped it. Mailed them again yesterday and no answer yet.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
They still haven't shipped it. Mailed them again yesterday and no answer yet.

What the fuck man, that's ridiculous. I already got my Axiom Verge album last week from them. Though their packaging left something to be desired. There were only two flimsy pieces of bubblewrap, one each on the top and bottom. Nothing to protect the edges, which got a bit of damage of course...

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Here's some of my Misfits vinyl:

The 12 Hits from Hell LP:

I need to start tracking down the 7"s now.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
you dont have the fiend club lounge. ive got it, its pretty funny to put on as background muzac.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Some synth pop:

44ca1a09c593d6be9e7a65a8959ba33a.jpg

Love it so much I bought their only other release. Some good stuff.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What the fuck man, that's ridiculous. I already got my Axiom Verge album last week from them. Though their packaging left something to be desired. There were only two flimsy pieces of bubblewrap, one each on the top and bottom. Nothing to protect the edges, which got a bit of damage of course...

They replied on fucking facebook in three hours, had to create an account just for that on that shitass website...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Turns out USPS refused to ship it for some unknown reason. Still, this doesn't excuse the lack of customer service regarding answering emails.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
got my VHS glitch vinyl today. it made it safely surprisingly. shipped in cardboard mailer with no padding.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Turns out USPS refused to ship it for some unknown reason. Still, this doesn't excuse the lack of customer service regarding answering emails.

That's stupid, but like you said there's no excuse for their shoddy fucking customer service. Have they remedied the situation and gotten it shipped out finally, or did you tell them to shove it and demand your money back?

got my VHS glitch vinyl today. it made it safely surprisingly. shipped in cardboard mailer with no padding.

You're scaring me a little man, I still haven't gotten mine. I hope it comes in one piece...

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i hope so too! i cringed when i opened mine, i just knew it was gonna be shattered.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Got my Mega Man vinyl lightning quick

index.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
^^^Nice.

I'm totally putting that sticker on my bike along with my Hotline Miami stickers.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
^^^ hmmmm, that color :drool_2:

i hope so too! i cringed when i opened mine, i just knew it was gonna be shattered.
Did you check if it was warped? I read some comments on facebook the other day complaining that theirs was... mine was shipped the same way but got here undamaged.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's stupid, but like you said there's no excuse for their shoddy fucking customer service. Have they remedied the situation and gotten it shipped out finally, or did you tell them to shove it and demand your money back?

They will ship it again when they're back from Japan. Of course their store page didn't say anything about them being in Japan right now, only facebook did... :rolleyes:

Unrelated:
I just shipped some CD as registered mail to the US but that idiot forgot to update his address listed in PayPal, is it even possible for him to arrange a redelivery to his current address? He still lives in the same town.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
^^^ hmmmm, that color :drool_2:

Did you check if it was warped? I read some comments on facebook the other day complaining that theirs was... mine was shipped the same way but got here undamaged.
I will be giving the album a spin this Afternoon. It better not be warped!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
They will ship it again when they're back from Japan. Of course their store page didn't say anything about them being in Japan right now, only facebook did... :rolleyes:

Unrelated:
I just shipped some CD as registered mail to the US but that idiot forgot to update his address listed in PayPal, is it even possible for him to arrange a redelivery to his current address? He still lives in the same town.

Only if he just moved... then he can file a change of address with the post office which will forward all his mail.