Record collecting

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
DLP of D666 - Violence is the Prince of this World released by the notorious Goatowarex! Stayed up until 2am to get this. Sold out in 10mins.

2q18lcp.jpg

2efm1br.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
It took me years, but I finally found a vinyl copy of Acrostix "dear daily life" at a time when I could afford to pay the high price demanded by it. Here's hoping it makes it here from Japan in one piece!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
CD's have (potentially) better sound quality than vinyl. Vinyl records don't have the dynamic range of CD's. There are some advantages of records- most of them were made before the early 80's (before CD's arrived), so they tend to be mastered well, the artwork is better, and some recordings are only available on vinyl. They don't usually have the "loudness war" problem that a lot of CD's (except classical & jazz) have.

You're a complete dingus for posting this here. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Some people here (like myself) are in the camp that digital/CD sounds better. Why do I buy vinyl? I like the "coloration" of the sound (vinyl bass is nice), the artwork, and gosh darnit, I like watching the fucking record spin. Something pleasing about that vinyl sound I can't put my finger on. No one said you can't enjoy multiple formats, so I don't get the absolutism of your post. I own CDs/cassettes/vinyl/mp3 files and I stream. In fact, most of my playtime these days is from streaming. Way too easy and convenient to just say, "hey google, play New Order Blue Monday" than to look for the appropriate format when I'm in the mood to listen to some music.

The times I like to go through my collection are usually on the weekend or after work. I pick out a CD or tape or record (I listen to my CDs a lot, so much cheaper than vinyl) and pour a glass of whiskey and do some cooking, cleaning or reading.

My Rega Planet is da bomb.

#formatagnostic

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Right now, I'm actually making more money selling cd's and tapes than vinyl.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
You're a complete dingus for posting this here. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Some people here (like myself) are in the camp that digital/CD sounds better. Why do I buy vinyl? I like the "coloration" of the sound (vinyl bass is nice), the artwork, and gosh darnit, I like watching the fucking record spin. Something pleasing about that vinyl sound I can't put my finger on. No one said you can't enjoy multiple formats, so I don't get the absolutism of your post. I own CDs/cassettes/vinyl/mp3 files and I stream. In fact, most of my playtime these days is from streaming. Way too easy and convenient to just say, "hey google, play New Order Blue Monday" than to look for the appropriate format when I'm in the mood to listen to some music.

The times I like to go through my collection are usually on the weekend or after work. I pick out a CD or tape or record (I listen to my CDs a lot, so much cheaper than vinyl) and pour a glass of whiskey and do some cooking, cleaning or reading.

My Rega Planet is da bomb.

#formatagnostic

Yep, I love multiple formats as well. I'm particularly fond of 8-track because of how plentiful they are, low cost, and I enjoy music from the 70s.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No one said you can't enjoy multiple formats, so I don't get the absolutism of your post.

#formatagnostic

joeyT's so retro with his post. Missing all its dynamic range would be a crime, indeed.

#formatsgrandinquisitor

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just found an original sealed copy (with booklet and hype sticker) of Leonard Cohen's "Songs of Love and Hate". Strange thing is that it was at a yard sale and a bunch of people and dealers had picked through it. It was sammiched between a bunch of easy listening albums. I guess they should have spent more time on that box.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Got some hot shit today.

Pete Rock- Return of the SP1200
Freddy Gibbs & Madlib- Bandana
Freddy Gibbs & Madlib- Piñata
Killer Mike- RAP Music
Ghost In The Shel OST
Sean Price & Small Professor- 86 Witness
Malibu Ken- ST

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Dude, nice scoops there. Just peeped Return of the SP1200 last week, and it's excellent.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Shit is hot AF. I was really surprised by the Sean Price joint though. Shit is off the hook.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Sean P was one of the good ones. Didn’t even realize there was a new one coming out, I’ll have to listen to it. That Killer Mike album is really on point too. The last track on that album will always give me the chills.

I’ve been collecting records for quite a while. I’ll have to post some of the gems I’ve managed to scoop.

Edit: If anybody's curious, here's a portion of my record collection: discogs link

Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Damn son! Basicly $70 for 2 vinyls is waaaayyy to expensive imo.

They might end up being worth more if he ever resells them. I'm not saying that should be the plan on buying vinyl but had to sell shit recently for extra moneys and was surprised by the return on my stuff.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sean P was one of the good ones. Didn’t even realize there was a new one coming out, I’ll have to listen to it. That Killer Mike album is really on point too. The last track on that album will always give me the chills.

I’ve been collecting records for quite a while. I’ll have to post some of the gems I’ve managed to scoop.

Edit: If anybody's curious, here's a portion of my record collection: discogs link

This does not match my perception of what an early 1980's discharge punk living in Japan's record collection would look like.

My fantasy is ruined

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Garth Brooks legacy collection box set is out.

It is a steal at $50.
No Fences,
The Chase,
In Pieces,
Fresh Horses
Triple Live (3 LP set)