Record collecting

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
That's the new Danzig cover album right? Let us know if its any good
It is not, and I'm saying that as a life long Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fan.

The mix is awful, the musicianship is awful, the artwork is awful. The only reason I even bought it is I'm a collector/completist of all things Danzig.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Which artist?

I still pick up a couple prints here and there but it's all easy to get or open/timed edition stuff.

Also thanks for the heads up got the Mega Man variant.

Aaron Horkey, since about 2013 his stuff hasn't really interested me along with the stuff he's done with the vacvvm

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So is that mega man, the same tracks as the Hot Topic one.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
It is not, and I'm saying that as a life long Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fan.

The mix is awful, the musicianship is awful, the artwork is awful. The only reason I even bought it is I'm a collector/completist of all things Danzig.

glad to know i have no reason to buy this now. thanks!

Kiel

20 Year Member

Not sure but what I can say is since it's not a picture disc it should sound better if it is

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member

Yes it does have the same tracks. Which I still think it's lame that there's not a single MM3 song on it... I'm still going to snag a copy of the new release, probably just the Megaman variant. Hopefully they won't be sold out before I get paid tomorrow.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Yes it does have the same tracks. Which I still think it's lame that there's not a single MM3 song on it... I'm still going to snag a copy of the new release, probably just the Megaman variant. Hopefully they won't be sold out before I get paid tomorrow.

I went with the metal man variant I liked the pseudo dirty look.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Aaron Horkey, since about 2013 his stuff hasn't really interested me along with the stuff he's done with the vacvvm

Vacvvm has actually been fairly disappointing overall. It's all good shit for the most part but I was expecting like monthly Hork masterpieces. A lot of the best stuff has been the underdog releases. That Randy Ortiz piece is sick and has been for up for like 2 months

Vinyl related cleaned and listened to The Wall today.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So I'm moving here very soon. what are the best options to transport my stuff?

Plastic crates? Banker Boxes?

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Plastic crates are best: durable & functional -- those I have in mind can be fold together afterwards. Just be sure to pack them full with vinyl or buffer respectively, so that your records remain their vertical position at all times. Have a successful move!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How many do you have?

I'd suggest the record boxes. There are lots on Amazon (with many different prices).

Or you can do like I did and start digging recycle bins for boxes months ahead of time.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
12645265_10201249716921930_3126188426850310492_n.jpg

The Mystery Train in Gloucester, MA

favorite Ramones album and one of my favorite albums of all time

also scored Prince 1999 and a couple of Bowie's first albums

it was a good day

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
View attachment 32520

it was a good day

I waited too long to buy heroes. Rhino is getting ready to reissue his entire catalog but the Berlin years probably won't come till next year.

That's all fine by me. I'd rather wait for the 180 g ver. But good job!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I've had The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust since I first got my collection going

another one that's one of my all-time favorite albums

that album is one of those albums that helped me to truly appreciate music as art instead of mere entertainment

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In my personal collection, I've got BowieChangesOne and BowieChangesTwo. That is about all I need.

In my for sale box, I've got Ziggy, Low, Alladin Sane and a few 80's albums.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Let's Dance was one of the first vinyl records I bought in my adult life back in 2003, which I still have of course.

My very first vinyl though was Public Enemy's Fight the Power 12' Maxi, which my idiot cousin destroyed.

I think I'll start posting some of my vinyls, I pick up some interesting stuff every now and then.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Tom Waits Closing Time was my first vinyl

my collection isn't great... 50+ records

I'd like to make it a bigger thing but it's not high on the list of things I need to spend money on (even though I very much want it to be)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Tom Waits Closing Time was my first vinyl

my collection isn't great... 50+ records

I'd like to make it a bigger thing but it's not high on the list of things I need to spend money on (even though I very much want it to be)

I've been building mine slowly little by little, but I got a big boost about 4 years ago when I was walking home with my now ex-girlfriend and right there on somebody's stoop were two boxes of vinyl with a tag on it that said FREE. We carried both back, then I spent the next few days scouring thrift stores for turntables. I managed to bring a Thorens 190 back to life (well for a short while till the motor burned out) and the rest is history. I'm now near 150. I would say I only really listen to about 50 on and off while the other 100 kind of sit there or were hand me downs from people. Lately, I've been actually buying good stuff.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sure that my first vinyl was some Peter Pan or Cricket Records stuff. Probably Long Tall Paul on my Fischer Price suitcase-player (the real one, not the toy one).

First ones I bought on my own as a teen were Heaven and Hell, Paranoid and Rainbow's Long Live Rock n Roll.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

it was a good day

I used to live in Gloucester and could spend hours diving in Mystery Train. One time I found an original Shaggs Philosophy of the World and the nerd at the counter wouldn't sell it to me because there was no price tag. Then he takes it and goes "actually, a friend of mine is looking for this, heh heh heh." :annoyed:

I liked it better when they were down the road in that old Salvation Army location, but it's still an awesome place.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
it's only like 35-40 minutes from my house and it's a near straight highway drive so it's nice

I go there with my buddy a lot who has the same taste in music as I do (we don't genre discriminate... we love it all) only he's into CDs so when we go we end up being there for hours because that guy just goes through everything

comes in with $50 and leaves a happy man with a bucket of CDs

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
b65a91095ab1f7913651efa32e2dd453.jpg

Jazz Spastiks/Slipmat Brothers one off that I won on FB. Promised to play it at my next gig...so, I played it last night!

It was at the Winter Solstice Music Festival, so I had a diverse enough crowd to lay a treat on 'em-without a revolt.

The venue usually caters to the jam-band crowd, so I was expecting a possible 'Blues Bros. get pelted w/ beer bottles behind chicken wire' moment.

Kiel

20 Year Member
I think Paul's Botique was the first I picked up

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Jazz Spastiks/Slipmat Brothers one off that I won on FB. Promised to play it at my next gig...so, I played it last night!

It was at the Winter Solstice Music Festival, so I had a diverse enough crowd to lay a treat on 'em-without a revolt.

The venue usually caters to the jam-band crowd, so I was expecting a possible 'Blues Bros. get pelted w/ beer bottles behind chicken wire' moment.

Nice, dude!