Record collecting

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
WaxWorks is releasing the Taxi Driver soundtrack complete with De Niro sound bytes and notes from Scorsese.

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/taxi-driver-soundtrack-vinyl-bernard-herrmann-waxwork/

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Anyone here collect Italian soundtracks on vinyl? Morricone, Goblin etc.?

Some dude posted these on Twitter, anything noteworthy?

c3cc4ceafe285a548b205e0c97a2f93f.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you got a lp called Speedy West: 2 Guitars Country Style hit me up. I would pay you very fair for it.

serenditpity as it is, I just got two Speedy West Lp's. But not 2 guitars country style.

Actually good stuff. I've been getting more into country, steel guitar and rockabilly.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
It's the repress so it's standard black. Probably the cheapest you'll be able to get this record for.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It's the repress so it's standard black. Probably the cheapest you'll be able to get this record for.

Lovely album.

That price is killer though. Would probably shamelessly buy a cassette version of it if it was on the cheap.

Kiel

20 Year Member
oh man I'd totally buy a cassette for sure

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
didn't expect them so soon! 12967465_10154109553873044_749738605541364077_o.jpg
I'm not a huge vinyl collector, but I like periodically grabbing records that mean alot to me.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I didn't get lucky. Looks like mine won't get here for a while.

Kiel

20 Year Member
I got mine a while ago. Lucky boy.

Kiel

20 Year Member
image.jpeg

Won a Charles Bradley test pressing from my local record store and while I was at it I picked up Com Truise's new album and finally found a reasonably priced copy of Morbid Saint

Kiel

20 Year Member
How do you like Changes? I haven't listened to much of it yet.

I've only listened to the title track before I won the pressing and its decent. Really I plan to sell it to help fund getting a new turntable

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Huge Charles Bradley fan but the few tracks I've heard are not as exciting as his previous stuff I think.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
serenditpity as it is, I just got two Speedy West Lp's. But not 2 guitars country style.

Actually good stuff. I've been getting more into country, steel guitar and rockabilly.

I've never heard those, just the one I mentioned. I first heard it at a record store. The owner refused to sell it as he said it was one if the best classic country records ever, and was hard to find. I ended up listening to the whole thing later on YouTube and really liked it. I'm not really a country fan at all, but some of that old country like speedy west, Conway twitty, and original Hank Williams is really good. I can't get into any country less than 30 years old though, or more.

The shitty thing is that two guitars record is kinda expensive, and hard to find even on eBay. It's virtually nowhere digital with good quality I could purchase last I looked, and even the cd is rare and goes for $30.00 or more on eBay.

One of these days I will pick it up though. Its good hanging out and having a few beers music. Pretty original stuff.

That two guitars record is speedy west and Jimmy Bryant together. I THINK normally they we're two separate artists.