Remakes/Reboots You Want

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Here in isolation I got to thinking about what older games I miss playing.

I was thinking of some series that are effectively dead. One that I miss was The Legacy of Kain/ Soul Reaver. The story was surprisingly deep even with all of the crazy time traveling loops and stuff. And even the original game in the series was great. I am not satisfied with the Nosgoth multiplayer game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Good idea for a thread.
Splatterhouse reboot-remake. Would have to stay faithful to the Japanese horror gothic take on it, simple control scheme, classic sidescrolling action.

Space Harrier with checkerboard landscape and out-there designs on enemy as was the case in the first game.

Sonic reboot with hand drawn graphics, or at the very least cel shading of the highest calibre but respecting the 2d aesthetic completely, no pseudo 3d backgrounds etc.

A revamped Burning Fight

An E-Swat reboot, if it where to be done in 2D all the better.

Golden Axe reboot, made in Japan respecting original lore, aesthetic values and side scrolling traditional gameplay - no over tampering with the formula.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was thinking of Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Pretty them up and make the soundtrack remixed, and slap them onto tbe switch. Instant buy.

Also, a remake of the original Silent Hill in the same vein as either REmake or RE2R. It's a fantastic game that really deserves to be given an overhaul. Same with Parasite Eve.

Finally, I remember playing the crap out of Oracle of Ages and Seasons. If they can do that with the same engine as Links Awakening, but combine them both on one cart and maybe add more dungeons/bosses, or a third episode. That's be great.

Oh, and Panzer Dragoon Saga because pipedreams.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Remasters / ports:

Shining Force 3 series
Shadow Heart series (especially the 2nd)
Lufia 1&2
Suikoden series
Fatal Frame series
Demon's Souls
3D Dot World Heroes
Muramasa
Final Fantasy Tactics
Castlevania / Contra Rebirth
Paper Mario 1 & 2 & World
Legend of Legaia 1&2
Legend of Dragoon
All DS / 3DS top games (DS Castlevevanias / DQ remakes / Bravely Default & 2nd / Zelda LBW ... Etc)

Reboots / Remakes:

God Hand
Mega Man Legends 1&2
Metal Gear reboot (back to MSX roots)
God of War 2 remake

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Ports
Phantasy Star Online
Shining Souls 3
Panzer Dragoon Saga (and Mini)
Virtua Fighter 1 online
SegaSonic
Street Fighter Zero 2 online
Princess Crown

M2 ports with QoL improvements would be nice for:
The rest of the Phantasy Star series (including the versions with updated graphics)
The Shining series
The Xanadu series

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Panzer Dragoon Saga,given sega lost the source code for the original.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Metal Gear reboot (back to MSX roots)

I was very shocked Kojima never remade the original Metal Gear in the style of a modern Solid game. That would've been gangbusters. I would've preferred to see that happen instead of MGSV.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I was very shocked Kojima never remade the original Metal Gear in the style of a modern Solid game. That would've been gangbusters. I would've preferred to see that happen instead of MGSV.

I was convinced 5 would directly tie up the events of MGS with the original MG, and kept playing believing that. Alas, the game suddenly ended with very little going on story-wise (aside from a minor detail regarding the ending). Despite that, I really enjoyed the gameplay a lot. MGSV and Xenogears are my top games I wish the developers had more time to finish.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The more detail in the graphics, the less imagination of the player, the less connection between player and game.

Yeah, this is my main issue with remakes like SSFII HD Remix. Yeah, now it's in a higher resolution and the graphics are literally hand-drawn instead of made with sprites...but it looks terrible. I'm sure there are a few remakes on iOS and PSP that suffer the same problem.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
A Snatcher HD collection featuring the following:

- “Snatcher HD” remaster (dual language w/ lightgun support if played on a crt tv)
- A port of SD Snatcher
- inclusion of the excellent “SDATCHER” audio drama as an unlockable bonus

A man can dream...

ramon-varela-deviantart.jpg

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
I was convinced 5 would directly tie up the events of MGS with the original MG, and kept playing believing that. Alas, the game suddenly ended with very little going on story-wise (aside from a minor detail regarding the ending). Despite that, I really enjoyed the gameplay a lot. MGSV and Xenogears are my top games I wish the developers had more time to finish.

I recently came around to the theory that the final chapters were revealed but intentionally left out. Knowing something was there but is missing is how I understand Phantom Pain

Hell, maybe even getting his name scrubbed off the title kinda fits the theme of the game.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Kaneko arcade collection:

Bonk, both Jackie Chan’s, the other 2 cheese ball digi fighters.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
A Snatcher HD collection featuring the following:

- “Snatcher HD” remaster (dual language w/ lightgun support if played on a crt tv)
- A port of SD Snatcher
- inclusion of the excellent “SDATCHER” audio drama as an unlockable bonus

A man can dream...

ramon-varela-deviantart.jpg

I would totally dig a Snatcher remake in the style and the gameplay of Observer

They basically cut the real last mission of the game due to whatever reason

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dino Crisis using the REmake engine would be amazing.

kirax7

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've surprisingly gotten most of the remakes I wanted since the early 2000's as technology began to get more powerful. I got remakes of RE2, RE3, Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and even Half-Life 1 got a remake. I'd be down for a Dino Crisis or a Parasite Even remake though.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I just thought of another one. An old Westwood PC game.
Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny

I loved that old game. I still play the GOG version every now and then.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I just thought of another one. An old Westwood PC game.
Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny

I loved that old game. I still play the GOG version every now and then.

Very nostalgic for me, one of the first PC games I've ever seen that wasn't in EGA. Great atmosphere in the forest right at the beginning.

edit: oh you meant the second game. it's fine too.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Jurassic Park: The Lost World (Sega Model 3, 1997)

Best light gun game of all time. I played it to pieces in my childhood. I wish it were more common, as working boards and the full setup needed to play this game can be VERY expensive and hard to maintain/repair. I havent played it since about 2002 for that reason. Gosh i miss that game!