Remove the NeoSD Support sections from this site.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They have their own website. This community owes him nothing, especially after the shit he's pulling with Razo.

@Rot. Remember the clean break you used to talk about? Now's the time. Once Razo gets square, dump this trash.

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
They have their own website. This community owes him nothing, especially after the shit he's pulling with Razo.

@Rot. Remember the clean break you used to talk about? Now's the time. Once Razo gets square, dump this trash.

@DanAdamKOF, what are your thoughts on this? Your input is always well thought out.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I can understand your point of view. However, the TO subforum is not meant to further their business but to give NeoSD users a platform for relevant topics in order to make the most of their purchase. As this is a Neo Geo forum, people will come here anyway with their NeoSD questions and the corresponding subforum helps to prevent clutter in Tech.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
But it does. They get sales from traffic here, which is why the autistic ramblings of rgb-tards were left here by Rot I'm sure.

I mean in all fairness, we don't have a Darksoft cart support forum and we're not getting flooded with threads about that cart.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
But it does. They get sales from traffic here, which is why the autistic ramblings of rgb-tards were left here by Rot I'm sure.

I mean in all fairness, we don't have a Darksoft cart support forum and we're not getting flooded with threads about that cart.

I have neither of those carts but it seems to me that the NeoSD is way more popular than Darksoft's products. We definitely had loads of clutter in Tech after the NeoSD was released so the decision by Rot to create the subforum was more or a less pragmatic one.

I'm sure he will pull the plug if he sees fit so I'll leave it to him to do it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I get how Razo's experience has been lackluster but overall I think it's a bit extreme to remove the NeoSD support forums. Honestly considering firmware can render a cart faulty, potentially in a permanent way, we need the support forum more now than ever.

Maybe it's a bit of a wake up call to us all about these niche products from these startups, that there is a real element of risk. Imagine the same situation with Darksoft and his cronies?

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They have their own forum, shit doesn't belong here. Razo is just one in a string of many who have gotten lackluster support for the NeoSD and their other products.

Darksoft support is not even on the same level dude. They recently repaired a buddy's CPS2 multi that was almost 2 years old and a self install....for free.

Don't believe the hype.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I get how Razo's experience has been lackluster but overall I think it's a bit extreme to remove the NeoSD support forums. Honestly considering firmware can render a cart faulty, potentially in a permanent way, we need the support forum more now than ever.

Maybe it's a bit of a wake up call to us all about these niche products from these startups, that there is a real element of risk. Imagine the same situation with Darksoft and his cronies?

It’s not about Razos cart dying - it’s about how NeoSD posted afterwards. Basically saying “tough shit, suck it up” and when someone called him an asshole he literally said “THANKS!”

He was conducting business and posting as if it was the WarRoom. And he didn’t change his tone until he realized literally he had no one on his side in this matter.

Releasing this product changes who he should be positioning himself as - he’s not a lurker on N-G, he’s a fucking business owner. And if he can’t factor in losses like this one - he’s a shitty one at that.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think TO needs to warn about the risks of flashing firmware updates. Has everyone who updated to the same firmware experienced the same fault? I don't think so.

The way I see it is this: Razo's cart had an issue which he was willing to live with. He then updated it and it broke the cart. Was it possible that the fault he forgave was the straw that broke the camels back when he updated it? Who's to know? TO.

Now I agree TO should've handled this quickly, less publicly and shown real intrigue in fault finding with his cart but overall I think this ended well enough for Razo (it's a fucking game cart) and it's a lesson for TO to hopefully learn from. I mean who the fuck do you think these guys are? they're just some small time outfit from Spain who're trying to wear too many hats and keep it all together. Do you really expect them to be able to provide top class service? Get real.

darksoft repairing 2 year old hardware for free? Is that as per the lifetime warranty?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s not about Razos cart dying - it’s about how NeoSD posted afterwards. Basically saying “tough shit, suck it up” and when someone called him an asshole he literally said “THANKS!”

He was conducting business and posting as if it was the WarRoom. And he didn’t change his tone until he realized literally he had no one on his side in this matter.

Releasing this product changes who he should be positioning himself as - he’s not a lurker on N-G, he’s a fucking business owner. And if he can’t factor in losses like this one - he’s a shitty one at that.

I read that thread and from the get go you had people shaking pitchforks at Alex. Just the wrong way to go about it, and the wrong person to rouse the rabble. It is regrettable.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
My only issue was his disbelief was that Razo said that a firmware update fucked up his cart. Alex should have just took his word at it even after RAZO posted video proof of the issue and worked out something. Like a few people have said before, if RAZO had abused the cart then yeah I agree he should have to eat whatever costs on it.

However, This was a software update from Alex's company. It should be on him to be responsible that the software wasn't fully tested before releasing it. The consumer shouldn't be on the hook for something like this.

Other then that I think Alex handled this OK.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I read that thread and from the get go you had people shaking pitchforks at Alex. Just the wrong way to go about it, and the wrong person to rouse the rabble. It is regrettable.

Who, me? Am I the aforementioned "wrong person to rouse the rabble"?

I got shit done when I made that thread. I did not expect neosd to see that thread, much less reply to it, but it worked out fine. If I hadn't, who knows, chances are RAZO would still be SOL. Sometimes the "I want to speak to your manager" approach is needed to get things made right.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sometimes the "I want to speak to your manager" approach is needed to get things made right.

giphy.gif