Replacement Sticks

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
After years of use the Player One stick on my MVS cab is acting up. It's pretty much impossible to do a diagonal motion anymore. I can't even play Metal Slug or a Shmup...and of course fighters are just useless. :qcf::(

Where's the best place to get some nice MVS style sticks?

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I was thinking about getting a Happ Ultimate 8-Way stick because that's what I think I have in my Player Two slot. Anyone have any other suggestions?

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
I was thinking about getting a Happ Ultimate 8-Way stick because that's what I think I have in my Player Two slot. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I personally prefer the Compentition Happs, but I think it's a lot like shoes, each person prefers something a little different.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I prefer comps as well. We seem to be in the minority around here on that though.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I think it's a lot like shoes, each person prefers something a little different.

Very true, I've been partial to Super's and always been happy. Best idea is try some shit out and get a feel for what feels right, very true much like a new pair of kicks.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
I use Sanwa JLW-UM.
These are the bat top version of the older sanwa stick. They can be mounted the same way as happ sticks. You can get them in all the standard Neo colors (black, white, or red).

I MUCH prefer them to happ for fighting games. They have the bat top feel but are less springy than U.S. sticks. And they have a square gate, which I like (great for hitting those diagonals) but some people don't.

The only downside is they cost more than your standard happ stick. You can get them at lizardlick.com. (they are taking some time off but should be open for orders some time next week).

Drifty

Banned
Happ Comps are the stick I always use for fighting games. The Ultimates don't do diagonals very well. Happ Supers are decent, but I prefer those more for anything but fighters. As far as Neo games go, you'd be good with a Super or Comp, if you play more fighters I'd get a Comp. If you grew up playing fighters and coinop games in the USA, most likely you were using Happ controls.

I don't mind the japanese style sticks, but I don't want one for my full time stick and I find them too small/low to the base of the stick. They are made for small Japanese hands, and I definitely don't have small japanese hands (but a lot of fanboys like Kernow do).

However, be advised that Happ never made the comps, they are really the iL 8-Way Eurojoystick and Happ would buy those in kit form and re-brand them.

However Happ doesn't use the Eurojoystick anymore, and now makes the comps themselves in China. But the iL 8-Way Eurojoystick is still the same old comp we all know, so if you want a comp, don't buy from Happ, get the iL 8-Way Eurojoystick from lizardlick.com.