Replay a Classic: Silent Hill 2

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Spoilers ensue.

So we are moving and in the mess I hooked up my B/C PS3 to the 1080p TV.

Full upscaling, sound set to Stereo Headphones in game and using optical cable surround headphones.

I've just got to the save point after the clock in the apartments.

Anyone feel like playing this classic again?

Such a good game.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
It's gotta be damn near 10 years old, anyway. I'd say that qualifies.

And man... Good choice for a replay. That game is on a lot of people's 'best games ever' list for a reason.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In that case my 2006 Civic is classic compared to my 1996.

You used Classic as a noun not an adjective. Classic as a noun means it's at least 20 years old. Now if you said "Replay a Classic Game", different story.

Moron=You.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
All attempts at thread derail notwithstanding, this game is indeed a classic and very well worth a replay.

O.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
In that case my 2006 Civic is classic compared to my 1996.

You used Classic as a noun not an adjective. Classic as a noun means it's at least 20 years old. Now if you said "Replay a Classic Game", different story.

Moron=You.

Using your own bullshit definition, neither car is a classic as they aren't at least 20 years old.

Now go away, moron.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wasn't try to derail, I just asked a question at which Heartless Ninny had the correct tone and response, I don't know what's up Hanafuda's ass.

Anywho, I've played the game and I agree it is an awesome game. One thing I really had to watch out for was that the game kept that creepy feel as the first game. I actually felt it was creepier so I was happy. Now with RE2 I didn't get the same creepiness as the first one which made me too cautious.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I wish the 2nd movie would come out already.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Saw this in my stack of games the other day. Wanna play it since you seem to hold it with such high regard, but I just don't have the time. Like I said, I am mostly playing fighting games right now.

HeartlessNinny

Using your own bullshit definition, neither car is a classic as they aren't at least 20 years old.

Now go away, moron.

I know SH2 is a stressful game, but you need to relax, man. Xi wasn't giving you any shit or anything.

HeartlessNinny

Nope... still not scary. *sigh*

I didn't find it scary either, but I did find it rather unnerving.

And I'm not sure another game has provoked such a reaction from me since, come to think of it.

Damn. I need to replay this too! I have the Xbox version with all the extra stuff, too.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I didn't find it scary either, but I did find it rather unnerving.
I found it depressing. Thematically, first and foremost, but where the first game genuinely terrified me, the second one just made me wonder what went wrong. :/

Damn. I need to replay this too! I have the Xbox version with all the extra stuff, too.
The PS2 Greatest Hits version added in the Xbox bonuses.

HeartlessNinny

I found it depressing. Thematically, first and foremost, but where the first game genuinely terrified me, the second one just made me wonder what went wrong. :/

The PS2 Greatest Hits version added in the Xbox bonuses.

Really. Well, to each their own, I suppose — I would have thought SH2 would be right up your alley.

As for the bonuses, now I feel less special. :(

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Really. Well, to each their own, I suppose — I would have thought SH2 would be right up your alley.
SH1 was. SH2 was a well-constructed story, but it just plain wasn't scary. The best it ever managed was "kind of eerie," and after SH1, I wanted another game that would leave me jumping at things I thought I'd heard. It didn't even make a token effort. The creature designs were disturbing enough, but nothing in the game is actually very well equipped to actually hurt you. Plus, I hated James. I mean, well and truly loathed and detested him. The angst-ridden plot didn't do much for me, either.