Resident Evil 6 announcement coming soon?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Will there be complaints of racism in this one too, or will we need to see black and white people zombies in homogeneously Asian China?

Seriously, I hate the bloggers who complained about the RE5 game and pushed Capcom to include white zombies. Central Africa is not some heterogeneous plot of land.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Why didn't anyone care about the droves of Spaniards I killed in RE4?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Weren't they saying they were going to reboot RE with the next game? I want to see a completely new RE game, unconnected with all the convoluted continuity nonsense and Superweskers and whatever.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i gave up on RE many moons ago, whats the point? they are like the movies now, utter silliness

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My points regarding this:

Regarding the gameplay:

I prefer RE 5's control scheme to any other RE. I thought the 3rd person cinematic perspective was great...until the formula became stale. The control scheme of 4 revolutionized gaming, as we've seen by many copycats since then (Gears of War, Dead Space, even a fucking Terminator video game aped it.) RE 6's control scheme should try to perfect what others have innovated on. Capcom really needs to reclaim the control scheme they innovated from the industry.

I am all for a return to the more creepy and isolated environments and settings of the older games. The chills never got old for me.

Regarding the story:

If Capcom is going to make a game that takes place in China, they they need to be aware that, whether they want it or not, they are entering a political arena with this game. Even if it's about killing zombies, they are going to draw scrutiny. RE 5 could have been 'The Constant Gardener' of video games. Instead, you were killing half naked African natives wearing war paint and spears and taking on Neo gone evil.

I am all for them keeping the continuity of the previous games. Just veer away from the action movie elements and get back to making games that were about fear. Lost In Nightmares would have been the best expansion of all time if it woudl have had traditional slow zombies in it.

As far as a 'reboot' goes, it feels like they took the theme of 'reboot' and made a whole new game with it, Operation Racoon City.

Regarding the story having gotten stupid in more recent entries:

I deny this accusation entirely. It's always been a goofy story. Zombies? Mansions? Mutant frogs and killer monkeys? Giant snakes, tarantulas and sharks? Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors?

Come on, this story has always been B grade cinema. At best. It worked because it was creepy. Even 4, for its silly plot contrivances, retained the horror feel.

I recently played Code Veronica HD and had no real issue with the game. That's partly because it still feels like RE in all the right ways. That's also partly because I've long accepted that the wild storytelling departures and HK action cinema conceits have just become part of this series. Not the way I would have taken it, but CV is still a better 'Resident Evil' game than RE 5.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So many people are going to bitch about this, but holy fuck this looks awesome. I never got the "I need to stand completely still and aim in order for it to be more 'survival horror.'" I think keeping the action fast-paced will only elevate the anxiety the user will feel when dealing with enemies. I'm so fucking mad that this won't be released until next year (yes, the date will be pushed back - plan on it).

jon713

Camel Slug
Orgasmic!

Leons face looks kinda silent hill ish? Your right Soil, face-paced gets the heart pumpin...Excited here!

Ukee

Geese's Thug
To bad for me it is a CAPCOM game, and I refuse to give them anymore of my money.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up on FB!

hugs_for_you-1446.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I just searched raccoon city and did not find a operation Raccoon city thread. That one comes out soonish.
I want to learn about it from what good people say.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Pretty awesome trailer but it looks like they still haven't learned from their mistakes of RE5. Too much damn action in that trailer. I hope they inject plenty of dreary atmosphere, limited resources, closed corridors and lots of suspense.

Also holy shit the game is coming out this year!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I still need to play though 4. Maybe I'll pick it up on the cheap for Wii since I hear it played better then the cube version. I didn't bother with the 5th game because I didn't have anybody else to play with. Even in the demo you could see the AI for your partner wasn't the brightest of the bunch.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Orgasmic!

Leons face looks kinda silent hill ish? Your right Soil, face-paced gets the heart pumpin...Excited here!

I have the same feeling..........................Silent Hill?

All I care is: who is the development team? I hate to see Capcom outsources their franchise to western team.........................

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty awesome trailer but it looks like they still haven't learned from their mistakes of RE5. Too much damn action in that trailer. I hope they inject plenty of dreary atmosphere, limited resources, closed corridors and lots of suspense.

Also holy shit the game is coming out this year!

uh... RE5 was awesome.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
@2:15.........Jesus - Fucking - Christ! Is Capcom completely incapable of hiring a female voice actor that doesn't make people want to stick an ice pick in their ears?