Resolved? : So yeah, Sammybean ripped me off and then disapeared...

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I know it does not help to solve your problem but sorry to hear your having issues getting your money back since getting that ps2 back online sounds impossible.

Maybe someone else can take a crack a that ps2 for you.

Guys do not be paranoid and assume established members are going to screw you. For the record sammy joined in 2010 which is hardly a seasoned member and she was in the process of establishing a reputation, its not like she been here from the start.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I completely agree with you mainman, but to be honest, I haven't had issues with 0 post accounts or even "newer" members. Granted, I might be considered a new member myself. I think what really tipped the scales here was the candy cab shipping issue. I had 2 deals with sammy and they went well enough (one of them she forgot to ship and after a few weeks I reminded her and it was cool).

But after that was the whole issue with shitty cab packing....I don't know if I would have dealt with her after that whole debacle.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
For the record sammy joined in 2010 which is hardly a seasoned member like insaneclown

Fixed.

Not trying to be a dick; but insaneclown was here for 8 years & had a ton of positive feedbacks.

Don't be paranoid, sure. But if you have *any* doubts, cover yourself. If selling, make them pay 1st- by pp gift, or USPS money order. If buying, ask if they'll ship 1st.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Fixed.

Not trying to be a dick; but insaneclown was here for 8 years & had a ton of positive feedbacks.

Don't be paranoid, sure. But if you have *any* doubts, cover yourself. If selling, make them pay 1st- by pp gift, or USPS money order. If buying, ask if they'll ship 1st.

Did he ever come out and actually say his "friend" was him all along?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Woah, I didn't know so many people had problems with Sammy.

Goes to show that you never know who's gonna gyp you.

soupbones

n00b
Figured I'd chime in here since I recently got "Beaned" with my Astro City Cab I purchased from her in July.

If you're unfamiliar with the story, click below.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?226445-Soupbones-and-my-trouble-with-AMEX-and-Paypal

I'm now kicking myself for paying her at all - she never made good on her promise for compensating me for the repairs - which wound up costing me a lot more than the $150 she said she would send me.

I got the cabinet working, and repaired some of the cosmetic damage as well - but it cost me a lot more than the repair money she never sent.

Good times.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Figured I'd chime in here since I recently got "Beaned" with my Astro City Cab I purchased from her in July.

If you're unfamiliar with the story, click below.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?226445-Soupbones-and-my-trouble-with-AMEX-and-Paypal

I'm now kicking myself for paying her at all - she never made good on her promise for compensating me for the repairs - which wound up costing me a lot more than the $150 she said she would send me.

I got the cabinet working, and repaired some of the cosmetic damage as well - but it cost me a lot more than the repair money she never sent.

Good times.

'Beaned' :lolz:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
sucks that she's decided to act this way. I bought Progear off her a while back it all went well. She decided to sell the original art to me later on as well and I was pleased. When she decided to frame it and put the frame in a padded envelope to ship it to me.... I was.... not pleased with the bag of smashed glass I got.

Through all that she was very responsive and easy to deal with though, it was a goofy mistake and she seemed well intentioned.

Didn't she have apartment troubles too? I would guess her financial situation took a bad turn, too bad she decided to take it out on people here in a community she seemed to value. Really don't understand shipping things assembled.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
She is a he.

Nobody has ever met Samantha McCallister.

Don't any of you find that weird?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I think she disappeared after that candy cab sale where she shipped with everything unscrewed.

ed: why does she and insaneclown still have perfect feedbacks?

I remember reading that before, what a dumb thing to do.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
She is a he.

She/he has a myspace profile under the name Samantha McAllister instead of McCallister. Last post seems from 2 months ago though.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I had a couple of good deals with her in the past. It sucks it seems she has ruined whatever positive reputation she has built here. Hopefully, she'll reappear and salvage what she can.

No one here has ever had any personal or telephone contact with her? No one contact her by phone regarding the taito stools group buy?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
She is a he.

Would make sense. It's a smart move to pick an ugly chick to masquerade as, if you plan on doing it at all.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So what happened with the candy cab group buy? Anyone mind filling me in?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
It was a group buy of taito stools. I think it was just a bit messy and took longer than anyone expected. Oh, and there was some back and forth between a long-time respected member and Sammy that didn't really need to happen.

It was a group buy of taito stools. I think it was just a bit messy and took longer than anyone expected. Oh, and there was some back and forth between a long-time respected member and Sammy that didn't really need to happen.

That was an epic group buy. A few of us ordered extra popcorn when she kicked that off.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I had a couple of deals with Sammy. Went smooth for the most part though some of the shipping was inadequate but nothing was damaged. Still to see someone buying and selling as much in such a short amount of time is always sketchy as hell. They are either setting up for the big con or have mental problems. It was only a matter of time before someone got bent over a barrel.