Resolved? : So yeah, Sammybean ripped me off and then disapeared...

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I will give DZ a buzz....he might have some from when she picked up the Cyberlead.

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
this thread was quite entertaining. sucks for the people who got "beaned" but the comments were quite hilarious. the term beaned is great. fuckin sammybean lol

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
No news from her/him/whatever. I knew something was wrong when she asked me to send the stuff to a PO box at her mother's name (Dora) but it went fine one time irrc, I'm not sure. I know she've made some other transaction with that adress (if anyone can confirm this). I don't expect her to come back to be honest, I know I'm pretty much fucked, that's why I've created this thread. If you get a PM from her on n-g.com or on shmups.com, I strongly recommend to not deal with Sammybean.7

Btw, I'm going to leave negative feedbacks for the 3 separate transactions even though she was slow and sent everything at the same time after a while, not my fault.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Probably busy being fat.
I doubt she'll be coming back anytime soon.

aria

Former Moderator
So is the only member of NG.com to successfully organize a group buy in prison on charges of homicide?

This is a tough market.

Also: I always suggest that whenever a member, established or relatively new, goes rogue like this that all their personal info should be posted publicly. If they fix things I or someone in the mods can always go remove it later.

Also 2: I had no idea BIG was scamming people--but greed turns some people people into scumbags.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So is the only member of NG.com to successfully organize a group buy in prison on charges of homicide?

This is a tough market.

Well, if you put it like this... :lolz:

Also: I always suggest that whenever a member, established or relatively new, goes rogue like this that all their personal info should be posted publicly. If they fix things I or someone in the mods can always go remove it later.

I really don't like this since I considered her as a friend not so long ago, I guess I'm being too much of a nice guy like always so wish granted sir:

Samantha McAllister
Dora Roberts (here mother)
PO BOX 582
Alfred, ME
USA
Phone: 1-603-218-9090
Paypal: dlrs63@gmail.com

I think I have her older adress somewhere also but I'm pretty sure she've moved since then.

Also 2: I had no idea BIG was scamming people--but greed turns some people people into scumbags.

I've created a thread about him some months ago, it was a trade, the tracking says that he got my stuff (Espgaluda II first print with the music CD), he logged in a couple of time after he got it but he never let me know he got it or even left a feedback, then he ignored me/disappeared. bulletnyourass tried to call him with no luck.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I haven't been around in awhile, and that whole cab thing is out of control. I met her a few times when she drove down to boston to pickup cabs. Was very nice in person. Also met who I think was her boyfriend as well. They both seemed like pretty down to earth people and even brought me a ps2 because they heard that mine had died. Pretty shocked by this whole thing honestly.

-DZ

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Reading this thread is really depressing. I had no idea she had screwed over this many buyers. After skimming through all of this and seeing she had a habit of selling busted items, I might as well share my experience in dealing with her.

Last May I bought a PCE Duo from her. She listed the item for $110. Eager to get my hands on a Duo I shot her a PM and she said the item was still available, but told me to send her 20 dollars more than her original shipped price (after I sent payment she edited the price in her original listing). Kind of flaky on her part, but I wanted the system and wasn't going to pass it up when that was still a good deal. She said the system was fine but she wanted to sell it to fund the purchase of a Duo-R.

Well, after having the system for just a few days I noticed that almost all redbook audio in Ys skipped (a common sign of a system with faulty capacitors). It got to the point that the game would freeze in dialog heavy sequences of the game. After playing the game for about six hours total the CD drive completely stopped working. I never reported this to her as I figured it was just my luck, but looking back at the experience people have had with her I find it very hard to believe she didn't see the signs that this system was in its death throes when she sent it to me. Capacitor failure is extremely common in Duos, and the fate of this system combined with her talking about upgrading from this unit to a Duo R is pretty telling, at least in my opinion. Either way, now I'm stuck with a pretty looking paper weight until I get this hunk of junk repaired. Admittedly, I should have brought this to her attention, so I don't know if she would or wouldn't have made steps to make this right. I'm not looking for anything out of this, but figured it was worth noting considering what other buyers are going through in regards to Sammybean.

From this experience and that of other members here, I'd say deal with her at your own risk.

Last edited:

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That was an epic group buy. A few of us ordered extra popcorn when she kicked that off.

I got 3 stools out of that deal with no troubles/hassles. Just throwing that out there.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I got 3 stools out of that deal with no troubles/hassles. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, and I've got probably $1000 worth of PCBs and games from her before that rip off this thread is all about, people change I guess.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I helped EG when he sold a few cabs to her. The boyfriend and his friend or father showed up to grab them. Mike and I both confronted her on shit that didn't add up on here ages ago and no one backed us up... I will keep an eye on NEACF since she is from Maine if she tries to join.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
maybe she ate the non-shipped items.

just sayin.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
maybe she ate the non-shipped items.

just sayin.

119613527756.jpg

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Reading this thread is really depressing. I had no idea she had screwed over this many buyers. After skimming through all of this and seeing she had a habit of selling busted items, I might as well share my experience in dealing with her.

Last May I bought a PCE Duo from her. She listed the item for $110. Eager to get my hands on a Duo I shot her a PM and she said the item was still available, but told me to send her 20 dollars more than her original shipped price (after I sent payment she edited the price in her original listing). Kind of flaky on her part, but I wanted the system and wasn't going to pass it up when that was still a good deal. She said the system was fine but she wanted to sell it to fund the purchase of a Duo-R.

Well, after having the system for just a few days I noticed that almost all redbook audio in Ys skipped (a common sign of a system with faulty capacitors). It got to the point that the game would freeze in dialog heavy sequences of the game. After playing the game for about six hours total the CD drive completely stopped working. I never reported this to her as I figured it was just my luck, but looking back at the experience people have had with her I find it very hard to believe she didn't see the signs that this system was in its death throes when she sent it to me. Capacitor failure is extremely common in Duos, and the fate of this system combined with her talking about upgrading from this unit to a Duo R is pretty telling, at least in my opinion. Either way, now I'm stuck with a pretty looking paper weight until I get this hunk of junk repaired. Admittedly, I should have brought this to her attention, so I don't know if she would or wouldn't have made steps to make this right. I'm not looking for anything out of this, but figured it was worth noting considering what other buyers are going through in regards to Sammybean.

From this experience and that of other members here, I'd say deal with her at your own risk.

Give Jetblue a PM, does great work on Duos!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I helped EG when he sold a few cabs to her. The boyfriend and his friend or father showed up to grab them. Mike and I both confronted her on shit that didn't add up on here ages ago and no one backed us up... I will keep an eye on NEACF since she is from Maine if she tries to join.

"Oh, I just chained the first stage in DOJ"

lol, it's funny how some of the people in this thread backed her up when I tried moving her ass along in that stool thread.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
"Oh, I just chained the first stage in DOJ"

lol, it's funny how some of the people in this thread backed her up when I tried moving her ass along in that stool thread.

Then she sold DOJ either a few days or week later... She never held onto anything or finished any projects. So sending out stuff later in her NG days half assembled or not packaged didn't surprise me. Whatever issues she has/had I hope she gets ironed out, but still since day one I will not sell or buy anything from her.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Unfortunate.

I bought a 2 slot from her a long while back. Shipping was a little slow and packing could have been better but it got here. When I plugged it in I had problems, and brought this up. She offered all sorts of recourse, including a refund. Come to find out, it was a bad bios chip. I had an extra and threw it in and it worked great. She even offered me a partial refund for my troubles and for the bios. I declined but she was very empathetic and wanted to make sure that the deal was completed to my satisfaction. I say she went above and beyond in that area of the trade.

But, I say, "unfortunate" because it's sad when a good seller turns bad. It's one thing to have a scammer on the boards, but it's another animal to have an established member go the wrong way for a few bucks. People can go bad I guess, but it's really amazing how little some will take to ruin their reputation and their membership.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
What the........ :eek:

You've PM, Sir. So does DeadPixels over the $20 that I apparently overcharged him.

Anyone else I owe anything to can come forth via PM as well, but I'm not dealing with the drama above.

Last edited: