Return of the North American Wii Virtual Console?

AlecRob

Banned
wow, it seems like most recent virtual console releases have been Neo Geo titles. I'm surprised actually.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Gotta love how Wii VC is getting all the current titles like RBS, RB2, LB 1 and 2, etc... lol. For PS3 we only got Shocktroopers, KOF 96, 97, MS1 and 2. At least the 360 got Mark of The Wolves, KOF 98 (even though it is half-assed), KOF 2002 (somewhat half-assed) and MS3. Still, I would like to see a lot more the 1995-2000 main title released.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
What the hell is going on with Wii Virtual Console blowing up with Neo titles lately?!?

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Having Sengoku 2 available on VC is great! It's one of those rare games that is quite hard to get an original copy of, and until now it has not been available in any other form (except an obscure collection which I read is complete garbage). I am still holding out hope for TSS, but this one is the best news on VC in quite a while!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
And I own both the home cart and mvs cart. ;)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Which version of Shock Troopers made it onto the VC? The 3-life small lifebar version or the 1-life big lifebar version?

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
How does everything run on the Wii U? Anybody know of any difference with the video output and emulation quality?

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I may own the carts, but I still bought a few on my girlfriend's system, gives me something to do when I have to wait the hour for her to get ready. Did the same on my sister's when I visit for the week and go through Metal Slug and fighting game withdrawal.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
RBFF now available for download. I'm not sure why this was released on VC after RBFF2 and RBFFS but whatever.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RBFF now available for download. I'm not sure why this was released on VC after RBFF2 and RBFFS but whatever.
Hmm,what's with all these vc release all of a sudden but nothing for the psn wtf !?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
What are peoples' feelings on the Wii Neo Geo sticks that came out a while ago? I got 2 when they came out, but that was many moons ago and playing on original hardware has since shelved these puppies. I don't see them pop up for sale as often as the ps2 versions...thinking in public here

Last edited:

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
:eek: Shock Troopers 2nd Squad is now available for download! :eek:

Ozfer

n00b
The wii has had the weakest online store. No movies, no full wii games, and very little amount of free content compared to psn and xbl stores. It would be nice if they added more but I don't think they are going to be strong anytime soon.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
World Heroes 2 is now available for download. This was previously available on PS2 as part of a World Heroes collection. Nonetheless it is something, and something is better than nothing. Still hoping for TSS.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
and now World Heroes 2

Unfortunatelly few people check the latest lancuhes on Wii's Shop Channel