Return to Monkey Island by Ron Gilbert

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Official website:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm super hyped for this. It really feels like the old boys reuniting to give us a great MI experience.

Only complaint is I wished it continued the story from Tales Of, rather than being an MI 2 sequel.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I always try to not be shallow with graphics, but... I'm not really digging it. Here I thought SOMI and MI2 Special Editions were the low point.

Props to them getting it on the Switch though, the only modern platform I actually like.

hatmoose

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Loving the concept and the music - was hoping for more scan lines. Current plan is to downscale it from 1080p to 480i - then run it through an Extron to de-interlace to 240p - then display it on a Sony PVM - how do ya like them scanlines?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I dont mind the style too much. It worked well for Broken Age. I think they made have overdone it slightly with the cubism tho.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
“Rex Crowle, the artist and designer behind LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and Knights and Bikes, previously confirmed on Twitter that he’s leading art for Return to Monkey Island.”

This explains so, so much. LittleBigPlanet is a fucking ugly game.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
When will "famous" people figure out that giving a shit what people say on Twitter makes you look like an idiot?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Loving the concept and the music - was hoping for more scan lines. Current plan is to downscale it from 1080p to 480i - then run it through an Extron to de-interlace to 240p - then display it on a Sony PVM - how do ya like them scanlines?
At the end of the day your still playing the same game. So it sounds like you wasted a lot of money, time and effort. But I'm sure your "friends" on social media will all tell you how awesome you are when you post close up photos of the title screen and that's what really counts.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yeah I'm not stoked on the art style but I'm not going full Karen on the designers over it :/

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's pretty fucked up.

It's fine to hate the art style, but personal attacks against the due that's been developing this game since the first one, and did his best to make a new one happen?

I don't get people. Did they think this was actually going to do anything?
yeah no need to personally attack him.
compared to the third game however the graphics look cheap and stiff, especially the backgrounds.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean there's no reason to attack the dude but expecting every one of the billions of people on Twitter to act sane and rationally in any given situation is... hopelessly naive? A lot of the population is mentally ill, a lot of the population have irrational anger issues and a lot of the population thinks being irrationally angry or trying to get a reaction out of other people is funny. At some point, you have to accept Twitter and social media in general for what it is: a garbage fire where people you would never want to interact with (and would cross a street to avoid interacting with) in real life get to say whatever they want to whomever they want.

Anyone with the slightest bit of fame or notoriety should either completely ignore Twitter or get a thicker skin.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Fantastic game.

To this day, I still struggle to understand which one of the two first games I like the most.