Review for Megaman Maverick Hunter X for PSP

H

hermegildo

I'm buying it for sure.

The first Megaman X holds a special place in my heart.

:emb:

I'm not too keen on the new dialogue/voice acting they added though.

EDIT: Gametrailers.com has a video review up as well.

I'm downloading it right now.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
I got mine lastnight,great game.

The 3D graphics are much,much better than I expected (think DC-style graphics),but the horrible voice-acting made me cringe everytime a dialogue came about.

It also comes with a playable demo of Mega Man: Powered-Up (Rockman Rockman),which is a very nice added extra.

I need to get the JPN version....

B-

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Id rather pay the same price for Megaman X Collection and get the whole shabang.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
i'll propbably be picking this game up this week... hope its as good as the og one

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I just beat the game, both as X and through another playthrough as Vile. I'll probably go back and play through one more time as X on Hard difficulty.

Overall it's a good presentation but it's basically the same game. The graphics look great (although the good old Playstation jaggies are present) but there are a number of places that have slowdown which is really inexcusable. The remixed soundtrack is excellent, and playing through as Vile really gives the game some new life, as does the anime movies.

Bottom line is, if you're a big Megaman fan (or have never played the original) you'll probably enjoy it, otherwise your money is much better spent buying the X Collection on PS2.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
One small comment:

Best voice acting in a Megaman game EVAR. E. V. A. R. Megaman isn't hopped up on helium, Dr. Light isn't Elmer Fudd, and Sigma is a badass.

I've beaten it on Normal with X, but Vile mode is kickin' my ass for free. (Thank you sir, may I have another! WHAM!)