Revolution to play Genesis, TurboGrafx games

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
While this is amazing news and all, I wonder if they will just offer roms or if they will maybe rework some of the games. Add like a achievement point system like microsoft is doing.

Probably would be to much work though.

Still I was going to get one day one anyways, but this made me cream.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
From Splatterhouse to Splatterhouse 2 to Splatterhouse 3 on one system? I'm sold. :multi_co:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
For the first time ever...I might actually preorder A system...

HellioN said:
For the first time ever...I might actually preorder A system...

I too may consider preordering it. Especially if there are bonuses involved. "5 Free downloads if you preorder the Revolution!" or something like that. Sure beats a T-Shirt if you ask me.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
/ echo on

This is incredible news. It's nice to see Nintendo really giving gamers what's important...games.

/ echo off

Thanks Nintendo, that's why so many of us are so loyal to you :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The pinnacle of awesomeness would be Online Vs. and Co-Op play for these games.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
GregN. said:
The pinnacle of awesomeness would be Online Vs. and Co-Op play for these games.
Holy shit, now that would be sweet. Some Mario Kart and Bomberman online would be truly great. I don't know if can happen, though. I'm guessing there would have to be some sizable work to program in network capabilities.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I really must be missing something because this news does not seem like a big deal. just this side of cool.

heartofagamer

Quiz Detective
FAMITSU SUPPOSEDLY CONFIRMS PC-ENGINE CD-ROM2 GAMES ON REVOLUTION

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=91942

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/03/24/103,1143166680,50500,0,0.html

Y's I/II, III, IV and Rayxanber II should then be playable

but as of yet, no SUPER CD-ROM2 support, which means no Dracula X

Babelfish translation

Hudson enters into the software download business with respect to revolution!
2006/3/24

- With "virtual console" business new possibility

It announced that 2006 March 24th, Hudson the next generation machine revolution where sale is planned (* the code name) enters into the hypothetical game platform "virtual console" business which is used from Nintendo Co.. This "virtual console", through network, the system which can download the game software with respect to revolution. It is the case that it reaches the point where the user while being in the home, downloads the game software for the game machine for home, can enjoy directly.

Hudson the game software which is sold in this virtual console business, past the PC engine series (CD-ROM2 it includes) as business is with supply schedule. As for the title which is sold as the software for the PC engine series 670 or more (as for the same company software when 122 titles) it reaches, being, the past masterpiece, it may become delightful service in the how person who again would like to play, don't you think? is.

(insert pic of a PC Engine titled "Virtual console")
- As for photograph PC engine CD-ROM2 (ROM ROM). It includes this hard, downloading the software of the PC engine series, it is possible to enjoy.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I'm not sure why anyone would doubt that PCE games would come out, at least in Japan. I mean, the PCE is the Turbo Grafx in Japan and the system will be released there after all. Seems simple enough to allow US gamers to spend money on those too, yes/no?

Regarding how the release on these games in emulation will effect the prices of the real, original titles, I don't see how it could do anything but drive up demand actually. Seriously, those who already have and collect the systems likely won't sell them all just because it's in emulation now. Just the opposite I think. I first got into Neo Geo after playing the games in emulation and then realizing playing on the real goods would be better. I think that the outcome will be that many more people will get to experience the games and want to go out and buy the original.

And even if not all games are available at the outset I think it's safe to assume that if the service is popular that more developers would jump on the bandwagon and release their games. It is money after all. And that would likely extend to remaking some of the titles with updated graphics. Or, more importantly, retooling the game engine to take advantage of the new Revolution controller. Like, going back to the first Zelda title and playing with a sword? This is no great leap here kiddies....

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
wizkid was the worst part of this thread

Vice

n00b
Neo-Geo deal

I would hope they cap off the 16 bit love with a Neo-Geo deal at E3. Also throw in the Master System as well.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Vice said:
I would hope they cap off the 16 bit love with a Neo-Geo deal at E3. Also throw in the Master System as well.

hahah.
NEOGEO on the revolution would be the shit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
I really must be missing something because this news does not seem like a big deal. just this side of cool.

You're just a sour puss. How could this not be a big deal?

Robert

20 Year Member
The question is: What about the euro players?

Will we be able to DL those games?

:conf:

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Robert said:
The question is: What about the euro players?

Will we be able to DL those games?

:conf:

Of course.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Now I'm just as big a Nintendo fan as anyone else, but pardon me for holding back on my excitement. I first want to know how they intend to price these games and how they will be stored. Will they be stored on some kind of memory card or perhaps internal memory or a HDD on the system? If they are stored locally, what happens if the media I have or my system craps out? Will I have to re-buy all those games I bought again, a la cell phone programs? Or will they have some kind of account for me that keeps track of all the games that I have purchased (makes the most sense)? I'll get excited when I have more information to be excited about, but until then I'm still considering a modded xbox.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
KaedesDisciple said:
... If they are stored locally, what happens if the media I have or my system craps out? Will I have to re-buy all those games I bought again, a la cell phone programs?...

Remeber the XBox and how 360 customers would have to buy everything they downloaded again? I think compilation disks are still the way to go. I have a ton of them and I don't mind the extra space they take. It's good to know that they are mine for good.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
thesh00ter said:
I hope SNK will consider making there library and Neo Geo's downloadable for the Rev as well.

...And a good arcade stick for the Rev.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
...And a good arcade stick for the Rev.
You damn right!

If the Rev can bring back the oldschool in every genre and have good sticks to accompany it, I'm not sure if I will need any other console for a bit. The only reason I need a PS3 is for Tekken 5 DR and I won't be playing that for a good while cuz its still fresh in the Arcades. Dammit thats all I need, some oldskool fighting on the Revolution!

Nintendo's Revolution is looking to be the thing to get for me. I may even have to preorder this bitch. I almost always get a Nintendo system before I get any other system and it looks like its gonna be repeated this time as well.