Revolution to play Genesis, TurboGrafx games

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
If we can get oldskool fighters on this bitch then it would be a done deal. The Revolution would then be the king of true gaming.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
to repeat what somebody else said - my PS2 already does this, via compliation discs, so if the system craps out I still have the discs.

Also, they need to include more old school systems.

Someone here said these 'roms' will cost $3-$10 per download??? if thats true its way too expensive, a dollar at most is reasonable.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
cafu1982 said:
to repeat what somebody else said - my PS2 already does this, via compliation discs, so if the system craps out I still have the discs.

Also, they need to include more old school systems.

Someone here said these 'roms' will cost $3-$10 per download??? if thats true its way too expensive, a dollar at most is reasonable.

S'funny how many people are willing to pay for 30$+ sub-par GBA games but not pay 5$ for a proven hit.

When your PS2 craps out... Nintendo still won't care.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I'd be willing to pay $30 for a physical game cartridge complete with box and instructions knowing that I can EASILY resell it. It's a different story when it comes to paying digital copies of games a la roms (I'd be more willing to pay $30 for Super Mario Advance 2 than $1-$5 for a SMW "rom" on the Revoluion).

I personally think that all these games should cost a quarter a piece to have them permanently in your library. I mean, how many people in Nintendo's target audience would find paying $1 reasonable to download a 10+ year old game?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
cafu1982 said:

It's ussualy a safe bet that PSII discs will oxidize before a Nintendo Unit Dies.

starman

Armored Scrum Object
This revolution download service reminds me alot of that thing nintendo released in china--what was it called? Qube 64 or something... it was released to combat piracy that runs rampant down in those parts.

Anyway, it let's you download old n64 roms for a relatively cheap price and emulates them pretty darn well. Anyone got info/pricing on it? I can't remember for the life of me... :emb:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
starman said:
This revolution download service reminds me alot of that thing nintendo released in china--what was it called? Qube 64 or something... it was released to combat piracy that runs rampant down in those parts.

Anyway, it let's you download old n64 roms for a relatively cheap price and emulates them pretty darn well. Anyone got info/pricing on it? I can't remember for the life of me... :emb:

Wasn't the price like $50 for the unit, and it included 6 games or something like that (on lik-sang or play asia or whatever)?

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
ForeverSublime said:
S'funny how many people are willing to pay for 30$+ sub-par GBA games but not pay 5$ for a proven hit.

well lets have a look

a few $30+ sub par gba games
03-31-06_0446.jpg

a few proven hit roms

03-31-06_0446romz.jpg

i love this idea as much as the next guy but i have to admit proven hit or not there is only so much im willing to pay for something that i cant touch.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Meh. Terrific news if you're interested in the Rev and teh oldschool goodness, but I am not one of them. I'm dedicated to the 360 and the DS. I'll leave the majority of the MD and TG-16 libraries as fond memories.

But it does make me curious about what titles may be potentially coming to the XBLA. I was hoping to see the SoR series and a couple others from Sega on XBLA. Maybe Sega will serve it up on both the Rev and 360? Oh well, at least there's the rumor that Saturn Bomberman may be going to XBLA. :cool:

No matter the what console they land on, having the chance to play oldschool goodness with/against folks across the globe is always a good thing.

/me - still waiting for some beat'em up/brawler goodness on XBLA

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
ForeverSublime said:

we are talking about roms here people - they are intangible and they are FREE.

Maybe its just me but i don't like the idea of buying games through an internet connection that you can't see or touch, especially if they are charging over a dollar a rom.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
norton9478 said:
It's ussualy a safe bet that PSII discs will oxidize before a Nintendo Unit Dies.

i doubt that.

How many years have you owned a rev? How do you know how long it will last?

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
cafu1982 said:
i doubt that.

How many years have you owned a rev? How do you know how long it will last?

Is that you in your avatar?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Dreamer said:
Is that you in your avatar?

indeed.

Unfortunately, beaker, due to his meth addiction took his own life....

............:chimp: