Revolution to play Genesis, TurboGrafx games

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Genesis is shocking, but TurboGrafx...?! Unbelievable. It would be interesting to hear the process this all came about by.

NEC is extremely close to Nintendo. I'm sure that helps a little.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Hahahaha. Thanks, Nintendo.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Buro Destruct said:
nuke2.jpg
explode.jpeg
nuke2.jpg
]
I just felt like this should appear on nearly every page of this thread.

Jesus christ what an announcement.

choplifter85

Banned
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697922p1.html

GDC 06: Revolution Goes Retro
TG-16 and Genesis games due out for Nintendo's new console.
by Nix

March 23, 2006 - In a press release simultaneously with an announcement made during Nintendo's keynote speech at GDC 2006 this morning, Nintendo announced that Sega and Hudson have signed on as partners for the Revolution's Virtual Console service. With this, the emulators will be best games from the two companies for the TurboGrafx-16 (or PC-Engine, as it was called in Japan) and Sega Genesis will be downloadable and playable for the Revolution.

Curiously, only Sega Genesis games were mentioned as planned for the Virtual Console system in the deal with Sega (um, hello? Master System? Saturn? Game Gear? 32X?!?), but the partnership promises that many of the best out of the Genesis' 1,000+ gaming library will be available for the Revolution. Individual deals will have to be worked out with publishers for titles to be released on the Revolution, but with a growing interest in classic gaming, publishers and license owners will hopefully be fast to get on-board with Genesis support. And considering that most of the TurboGrafx-16's games released were published and/or developed by Hudson and NEC, it seems that the vast majority of games for the system will automatically fall into that partnership without much more licensing work from the company.

With NES, SNES, N64, and now Genesis and TG-16 on-board, the Revolution has got years of gaming already ready to play as soon as it launches later this year. Look for more news on supported systems and licensed games for the Nintendo Virtual Console as things develop.

what about SUPERGRAFX games - Battle Ace, Granzort, Aldynes and the NOT-arcadeperfect Ghouls N Ghosts and 1941 Counter Attack ?

It would be fucking sweet to play obscure PCE,TG16,MD,GEN,32X cartridges and Hucards.

what about PCE-TG16 CD-ROM2, Super CD-ROM2, Arcade Card CD and MegaCD, SegaCD games ?

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
This site must have a lot of kids on it, with the amount of people hot and bothered over Nintendo, as we all know that while they may be bald, they certainly have no off spring but for a few outsiders.

I thought most of the guys here were in thier Late 20's.... 90% of the Nintendo loving crowd is in thier late 20's... I think...

And Balding is differnt than bald.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
If this pans out, I will NEED to get a revolution!!! Fuckin Awesome!!!

GAMEFAN

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
New consoles are for new games.
For old games, there are old consoles and roms.
Bah.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Yeah guys, I was just as floored as you when I read this news. I was at work, so I just posted it quickly and didn't have any time to respond. If the Nintendo back catalogue and the MegaDrive/Genisis/PCE/TurboGrafx is available at release for the Revolution/Go, I'm in line to get one ASAP.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
kobylka68 said:
You know whats great? With MS and Sony always touting their hardware and how their systems can practically cure cancer and aids, nintendo is the only company talking about the games. This is great news.

Quite possibly one of the best statements ive ever read.

O.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:

EVERYBODY IN HERE LIKES SPOCK EXCEPT ME.

Anway, this makes my cock hard. I love Nintendo, they've always remained my favorite company even though i've had my quarrels with some of their practices. Nintendo is gonna bring back the old times and it feels better to know that the old times from various consoles will be brought back by way of Nintendo.

Lovely, just lovely.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
Bah.

I fucked your mom last nite.

And your dog, too.
:chimp:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
Bah.

I have controllers older than you and they still work.

H

hermegildo

kobylka68 said:
You know whats great? With MS and Sony always touting their hardware and how their systems can practically cure cancer and aids, nintendo is the only company talking about the games. This is great news.
That's not really true.

Nintendo has only been talking about how it's hardware is going to change the industry or about how they're going to expand the market. Of course they're not talking about graphics, because they don't have that. We have not seen a single game on the Revolution yet and it's supposed to come out before the PS3, which has already shown a healthy dose of titles.

That's not to say that I completely disagree with what you're getting at here, but every company is doing it's marketing the exact same way, i.e. "ours is better than yours because of this and this."

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
this is fucking great!!! I was plan on getting this system already so this just makes it better for me :glee: best gaming news I have heard in a while :chimp:

Neoray

New Challenger
Thats cool news, now if it could just play PS, PS2 & PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360, Neo-Geo, 3DO, Atari (all consoles and portables), ARCADES and get my beer & pizza from the fridge then I'll get one.

an all in one universal system so you don't have so much clutter on your wall unit or room.

Any hackers want to give it a shot?

You know they will.

btw, I know I have too get my own shit from the fridge, DAMMIT!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Over 1,000 Genney games? Fuckin A, that means Japanese Mega Drive's being included as well. Which means shit like Gleylancer, Eliminate Down, etc. will be available.

I wonder if PC-Engine games will be available to the US Revolution as well, or if that'll only be for the Japanese...very interesting.

This is indeed the best gaming news not in this year alone, but in several years. Nintendo... you have outdone yourselves. They have gone beyond personal responsibility, and created a medium to potentially excite almost anybody.

I wonder if CD versions will ever be playable. Imagine Rondo, Gates/Lords of thunder, Sonic CD, Snatcher, on Revolution. Ownage.

The big 3 companies we grew up with are back. Yea they all have Microsoft's and Sony's arrows stuck in them. Sega and NEC/Hudson retreated but Nintendo is healing... hopefully.

Now just imagine someday... if Nintendo does this, if Sega/SNKP/Sammy were to develop their own home console, all over again.

Buro Destruct said:
And there has been no better reply to such an awesome set of news than this Buro. Phantastic Tyming-

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
broken said:
I only wonder how this service is going to work.

Flat fee per game?

Variable depending on game "value"?

Maybe a flat monthly fee that allows 25 downloads or similiar?
i'd assume a monthly charge of like $20-$25 a month and unlimited downloads therein. but new games coming out all the time, and so sure you might be able to download all the games you want there will still be more games being added and more reason to stick around. or the same rate a month but a limit of downloads a month. or $1.00 a game and unlimited downloads. i think the last one would be the best, especially if nintendo can up it with an expansion pack that allows saturn, dreamcast, and other games.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
This is amazing. Nintendo must have there back against the wall. Jesus fucking christ.