RF Famicom Help

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I want to pull my hair out. I have 3 RF Famicom. I know for a fact that one of them is dead due to an incorrect power supply was used and blew the fuse. The other two should be working.

My problem: I can not confirm because I can't get a video display on my tv.

I have the TV set to 95/96 and nada. If I use the same power supply and rf switch on my Super Famicom, I get a decent audio and video. Switch the cables over to the Famciom: nothing.

I tried hooking the RF Famicom through a VCR and again nothing.

Can RF Famicom just die from not being used? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
You don't get a gray screen, either? If you don't at least get a gray screen, crack it open and check voltage from the A/V board to the mainboard, mainly around the 7805.

If you do get at least a gray screen, clean the connectors and cart.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I will check that out. Do you know what the voltage should be?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Not off the top of my head. I can check a little later and report back.

So, no gray screen when you pop it on? Are you on an LCD or CRT? For some reason, on my LCD, I had to flip channels back and fourth to get a stable, usable image on the screen.

[EDIT] I'm unable to find my multimeter. I'll have to borrow out my friend's one and get back to you. If someone else has that info, please share.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Have you tried switching the channel list from broadcast to cable or whatever they're called on your specific TV?

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I turned the tv on and set the tv to search for a good signal. Nothing. I tried 3 LCDs and 2 SD CRT.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Let me hook up my rf famicom and get back to you. I never had any issues lol. Are you using a Japanese rf unit or a us rf unit?
Okay got mine hooked up. I change it to channel 95 and no issues. I am using a sega genesis rf unit lol. I also used a nes one and it worked fine. That is strange you are having issues.

Last edited: