RGB bypass mod problem

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi!

I tried the RGB bypass mod for the AES as described on the JAMMA Nation X site. The picture is of better quality, but there is too much green (green/yellow in places that are normally white). Have I done something completely wrong? Should I try a resistor with higher value for Green? I believe I have a revision 6 board (serial #203083). Any help highly appreciated.

Viktor

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
A word of advice here, before you attempt fine tuning adjustments to the rgb output of the AES, make sure you have properly calibrated your monitor.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the advice! I connect the AES to TV via SCART. Tried to connect it to another TV, and the discoloration problem disappeared. :conf: However, the discoloration was not present on the first TV before the mod was done...

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Sounds like you have bad connections or something is shorting out, check your wires/resistors and make sure that they are carefully routed and that the connections are well soldered.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya if you have a picture that is too bright you might want to either adjust your TV or increase the 82ohm resistor to something a little higher.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Another option is to use potentiometers so that all RGB values are adjustable.

Cheers,
-DT

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks guys! I will take a look at all the wires/resistors/solderpoints again. I also installed a "ultra blue" LED. Maybe I'll make it even more pimp with some external pots. :glee: