Ric Flair in ICU, placed in medically induced coma

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Not at all. First off, Shibata got hurt on an intentional headbutt. Especially in Japan it's common for wrestlers to throw full contact headbutts, body kicks, body punches, palm thrusts to the face, forearms to the face, etc. Pretty much everything but full on punches and kicks to the head or face.

Second, this is the wrestling promotion that puts on the "brutal" match madman was whining about:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200.webp

tumblr_nsntb3w28Z1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_nsmz3lJCEh1rofocqo1_400.gif

tumblr_nso4q84BBS1sbzhteo1_400.gif

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't see it as any different than watching a kung fu movie. Shockingly, those are scripted as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ric Flair didn't have to do any of that crazy shit. And he's the greatest champion of the Territorial era.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ric Flair got married 5 times. That's going to kill a man faster than any job could. He'd probably live to 270 if he stayed single.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That should be a new brittish movie.

5 Weddings and a Plane Crash.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ric Flair got married 5 times. That's going to kill a man faster than any job could.
What do you know about marriage? Or being an adult in general. You live with your parents and your life revolves around sports, wrestling and video games.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
folks who get worked up about folks who get worked up over wrestling...

...aherm...

One more ride on Space Mountain, Whoo!

famicommander

15 Year Member
What do you know about marriage? Or being an adult in general. You live with your parents and your life revolves around sports, wrestling and video games.

Your life revolves around my life.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
it's ok famincommander we all can't be as grown up as madman

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've literally seen people die in the ring. And most wrestlers end up dead from head trauma or painkiller addictions at a very young age.

The outcomes are predetermined and the moves are designed to be safe but there's only so much you can fake. These guys get concussions as often as NFL players, if not more.

There's no doubt about it, this pain is real. Watching it on hellevision, though, is pain, too. Like watching dilettante actors: they act, it's real, yet the amateurish way constantly reminds you of their acting, making suspension of disbelief a physical impossibility. If it's not exactly Mickey Rourke, my empathy's off.

But the simple truth is, I just don't yet understand, what wrestling is about. An itch I could never scratch.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The thing is...Fanny is a nutbag, you gotta applaud his enthusiasm...still...wrestling is much more than a list of injuries or gimmick matches...wrestling is an art form in itself and it's embraced by those can appreciate it, granted not all wrestling is created equal but it's just like everything else out there in this world, there's good and there's bad, shock value is always a plus but there's so much more to wrestling than a bad fall.

Ric Flair is the greatest to me, he will always be the truest form of what a wrestling champion should be...he may not be the best technical wrestler, nor the best striker but he offers so much more, we were lucky to have lived in the times of Ric Flair.

Speedy recovery to the champ of all champions!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ric Flair is the greatest to me, he will always be the truest form of what a wrestling champion should be...he may not be the best technical wrestler, nor the best striker but he offers so much more, we were lucky to have lived in the times of Ric Flair.

Gay.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
News out that Flair had surgery on his colon, which was successful, and is still in critical condition.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But the simple truth is, I just don't yet understand, what wrestling is about. An itch I could never scratch.

Modern day mythology.

That is what it is.... If it is done right.

Essentially, a good wrestling story is about how a hero archetype overcomes a much more powerful (and dastardly) Villian archetype. And the story of how that happens is a reflection on the culture that tells the story.

Last edited: