RIP Charlie Murphy

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
He was a brilliant comedian, and even better writer. I was genuinely upset to find out he'd passed. Legend.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Shaun and Charlie Murphy.jpg

I met Charlie back in 2008. Man was a legit class act. I used to sit up and watch ALL of his True Hollywood stories.

I watched his stories so much, I adapted to his way of story telling. When Charlie told a story, you'd listen. What was so unique about Charlie's stories was he lived his life first THEN had a story to tell. It didn't click with me until recently that's all it took and Charlie was very impactful in that regard.

I wanted to interview him for my YouTube channel but never had a chance to. He encouraged me to keep going cause that was one of MANY times where I was going to give up.

Wish I had a chance to share some of my personal stories with him when I saw him again.

Rest in power, Charlie.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
RIP Charlie.
May he enjoy Prince's pancakes in the afterlife.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Man, I was sad when Rick James died- but he had pretty much drugged himself to an early grave.

This is way worse.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Damn, that sucks. While he was never going to outshine Eddie, he was still pretty funny and I enjoyed his performances on the Chappelle Show.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
RIP Charlie.
May he enjoy Prince's pancakes in the afterlife.

I can see Prince (only it's Dave) meeting him at the gates wearing a white blouse and holding a harp.

Prince: Welcome to heaven Charlie Murphy. Would you care to play some music?

Charlie: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, that sucks. While he was never going to outshine Eddie, he was still pretty funny and I enjoyed his performances on the Chappelle Show.

Never say never! Eddie's star kinda faded over the past decade, while I feel Charlie had a lot more potential. Gone too soon.