RIP Saturn Gamer.

SSS

neo retired
not much to say. he was a cool guy for those who knew him. I won't go into details as I really don't know the circumstances. fair winds, and calm seas my friend. wherever you may be. :(

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
R.I.P.

Damn, he had a kid too.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
What???!!!! OMG, I'm fucking crying, seriously. Are you fucking serious???!!

Toby's dead? How, when, what happened? PM me.

He is the person responsible for bringing me to this site, he's the first person I ever met on the internet that I talked to in real life...

SSS

neo retired
qube said:
What???!!!! OMG, I'm fucking crying, seriously. Are you fucking serious???!!

Toby's dead? How, when, what happened? PM me.

He is the person responsible for bringing me to this site, he's the first person I ever met on the internet that I talked to in real life...

PM sent.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Fook, Saturn Gamer was a cool dude with an equally cool sig to match.

Was it a long illness or an unexpected accident?

Where can we read his obituary?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I am just STUNNED by this listing. Toby was ACES. He was very outgoing when he first came onto the scene then he vanished. I noticed that he recently came back about six months ago but mellowed out a great deal.
Very sorry to read this. My condolences to the family.
BB

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
damn, that's bananas.

pm me w/the details plz.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Wow, that's so sad. My condolences to his family. I never knew him in real life, but he seemed like a great guy on the boards.

SSS

neo retired
Myself and another member feel that posting the obituary publicly is not for the best. I'd like to keep his family information private. Those who knew him well will most likely receive a PM outlining the details.

PLEASE do not post the obituary here if you receive it.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Myself and another member feel that posting the obituary publicly is not for the best. I'd like to keep his family information private. Those who knew him well will most likely receive a PM outlining the details.

PLEASE do not post the obituary here if you receive it.

I would like to re-itterate this. I've spoken to someone else off this board who feels the same, and I must say that I agree. Not that I'm the keeper of this information, but I do think it should remain private as well.

This board has lost too many...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
oh man, thats a major bummer.
R.I.P.

aria

Former Moderator
That's horrible, I don't want to force to share details, but could we get a few general piece of info... Like was it an accident? How old was he?

Regardless, I can't really say how awful this is.

Terrible, this is our fourth member to pass away. SNK4EVER, Jigen, and Sifl (I've been unable to edit the website (my password isn't working), so I haven't created his memorial page yet); and now Saturn Gamer. R.I.P. I understand if a memorial page isn't something his family would want for him.

Oh man, Saturn Gamer's sig is tragic in and of itself:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?u=3499

aria

Former Moderator
I don't know, should this be moved to News & Rumors? That's where other notices were posted. I'm going to sticky this.

I appreciate you at least telling us that he passed, SamuraiShodownSensei.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Man, sad news. I remember when I first got to this board in mid-2003. I pray for his family.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Thoughts and good tidings to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

venomous

NEST Puppy,
This is so sad, my heart goes out to his family, and his friends here that are just finding out. It's hard to comprehend what some of you guys must be feeling. It's never easy hearing news like this.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
never much talked to him or anything. but to lose a member regardless of whom sucks big time. rest in peace homie. how old was he? was this an accident?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
wow.. that's awful.

He had kids? Maybe we should start a collection for them....

Go in peace, SG. You'll be missed.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear about his passing. My condolences to his family and friends :crying:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
All my best to Toby's family. I spoke to Captron, who knew him best, on the phone and he says his account is no longer active but he'll try to make his way in to say a few words. I'll direct him to this thread.

I met Toby and his son, Andrew, a few years back with fellow members at a gathering Toby hosted. I'd spoken to him on the phone before and after that meeting, but I'm sure others knew him much better. I can still say he was a guy who was *thankful* and appreciative for everything he was able to work for and able to give. Emotional and outgoing, he was the type of guy who just wanted to be happy. Although he lost his cool with a few members he'd never hold a grudge. I think the yin and yang attitude was a large part of his charm on the forum. He struggled to find the middle ground in life, and he had fun doing it.