No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Officially licensed sequel to River City Ransom

If they make enough to hit stretch goals it could go to Steam and etc

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground
5d333c78c2152708cb35257e3fd9bf55_large.gif

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Not a huge fan of the classic River City Ransom (though I'm a gamer from that time), but despite that, I gotta comment on how great the Kickstarter trailer was. Nice job on that! Of course, the game is looking great too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck yeah! Oh and I have their book shelf at home too, fuck that's all I really got from the whole video.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
PC only, with no plans for a console port.

It's an excellent choice for a project, but it's one I can't get excited about.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
PC only, with no plans for a console port.

It's an excellent choice for a project, but it's one I can't get excited about.

I completely agree with you on this. RCR was my favorite NES game, and this looks faithful and very fun but I just don't play games on PC. Here's hoping for a console release in the future.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
river city ransom doesn't need a motherfuckin sequel

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Kind of a lousy time to bring this to Kickstarter. It's going to get totally overshadowed by Mighty No. 9.

Jon

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Kind of a lousy time to bring this to Kickstarter. It's going to get totally overshadowed by Mighty No. 9.

Jon

What hasn't been kicked to the curb by that juggernaut?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's too bad that they're not the original programmers.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Their appeal video was trying too hard to be funny, but the design and gameplay demo looked really good. Might be worth tossing them $15 and seeing what happens.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That guy was annoying. But, I really want to play that game! Beat 'em ups are my number one and this just looks too good to pass up.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Can we stop doing the I'm-so-retro-blocky-sprite look now? Can we just do some awesome high quality 2D instead and stop pretending these games came out on the NES?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Can we stop doing the I'm-so-retro-blocky-sprite look now? Can we just do some awesome high quality 2D instead and stop pretending these games came out on the NES?

I thought Scott Pilgrim captured the "retro" look well while still looking good and modern.

I'm agreed though with you - I want some really nice high resolution 2D stuff.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There are plenty of other kunio games that they could model the sprite from that don't look blocky. Super Dodgeball on the neo for example.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I thought Scott Pilgrim captured the "retro" look well while still looking good and modern.

I'm agreed though with you - I want some really nice high resolution 2D stuff.

Wasn't there a Metal Slug esq game that went the Scott Pilgrim sprite style route?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There are plenty of other kunio games that they could model the sprite from that don't look blocky. Super Dodgeball on the neo for example.

that would take a helluva lot more skill, though

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Honestly never knew that kunio was the term to describe the series. I just called em Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari style games all this time. I'm dead serious. So it's the Kunio-Kun series. I had no idea these games were all connected. I just thought they shared the same art style.

Man I've got to replay all these games now with my new found knowledge. Thank you SNKorSWM!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Honestly never knew that kunio was the term to describe the series. I just called em Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari style games all this time. I'm dead serious. So it's the Kunio-Kun series. I had no idea these games were all connected. I just thought they shared the same art style.

Man I've got to replay all these games now with my new found knowledge. Thank you SNKorSWM!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kunio/kunio.htm

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Stretch goal of $280k for a PS4/Vita port has been added.