Rubber button pads for NEO•GEO Pocket Color?

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
WUsQKz5.jpg

I opened my NGPC (original model, not slim) to clean it, replace screen lens, and retrobright. Well when i went to clean the rubber pads this happened. I was being very gentle, it just basically fell apart in my hands. Looking online, i cant seem to find replacements. Are there any known substitutes? I feel sad as i always wanted a NEO•GEO pocket color as a kid, and now I have one and this happens. I wish i didnt miss the cheap NGPC systems boat a few years ago.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
that's interesting. is the rubber brittle or too soft? I wonder if someone used some harsh cleaning chemicals in the past. I've never seen this part wear out like this.

I would recommend looking for a single replacement from something like a gameboy or other contoller. it doesnt have to be the dual configuration here.
You can also use some glue on this type rubber i believe.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have replaced the rubber membrane in a few controllers, They do wear through with prolonged use especially if they have been used by a ham handed individual.

You may be able to modify a set from a GBA or something similar I dont know, I have never seen any for sale, I guess they are not exactly a common part!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I've never seen this part wear out like this.
I've seen it way too often. Even one of my first NGPC systems that I bought ~15 years ago had a damaged pad. It's a common problem with DMG GameBoys and NES/Famicom controllers as well.

I just ordered two 3rd party replacement shells for the NGPC and they do seem to come with replacement pads. Couldn't find the pads on their own yet.

NGPC.png