Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
He has a long list of people.

Some of them aren't even judges!

Theoretically, the president can choose just about anyone. They don't have to be legally trained.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah but they never really do anything besides rally people against it. They had every chance to get rid of Planned Parenthood but they didn't have the balls to go through with it.

I guess we're about to see how far ass backwards this country will go.

At least you guys don't have to worry about your guns. I don't think that was ever a concern though. While everyone has been sleeping Trump put on harsher laws than Obama did but *shhhhhh* don't tell everybody else.

Trump would have no qualms taking my guns if he is re-elected and it served his cause.

That’s what statists do.

He is not a friend to gun owners despite what anyone says. Coincidentally neither is Biden or Harris.

We’ll lose our guns at some point (and by guns I mean firepower parity with the police.)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
We’ll lose our guns at some point (and by guns I mean firepower parity with the police.)

On the bright side, when that happens the police will go gun-less as well. No more cops killing people, no more people killing with guns, a utopia.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons.

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said.

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court," Trump responded.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On the bright side, when that happens the police will go gun-less as well. No more cops killing people, no more people killing with guns, a utopia.

Just the US military, and - you know - the police SWAT units who still have guns.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Three named men are assassins.

Three named women are SCOTUS justices?

Apparently the pick is Amy Coney Barrett.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Three named men are assassins.

Three named women are SCOTUS justices?

Apparently the pick is Amy Coney Barrett.

I was looking up the religious affiliations of the bench

Catholic
Clarence Thomas
Sam Alito
John Roberts
Sonia Sotomayor
Bart Kavanaugh
Neil Gorsuch*

Jewish
Steven Breyer
Elena Kagan

*raised Catholic but officially Episcopalian

So yeah, another Catholic. But no Muslims, Mormon, Indians, native Americans, or African Americans on the bench.

Some have said that overturning RvW is the longest game they have ever seen, and right now it looks very possible.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So yeah, another Catholic. But no Muslims, Mormon, Indians, native Americans, or African Americans on the bench.
Are you telling me that Clarence Thomas is another public figure who is secretly white and has only been passing as black for social currency?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Are you telling me that Clarence Thomas is another public figure who is secretly white and has only been passing as black for social currency?

That’s exactly why HW appointed him. To take away a seat for an African American voice.

And most of Thomas’s contribution has been silence and absence.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Given the 'underrepresentation' of Catholics and nonrepresentation of Jews in the presidency, that is interesting. In the Congress, it looks like Catholics make up about 20% of both houses while Jews make up 10% in the Senate and 5% in the house.

lol