Safari bug or website glitch?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Annoying ass thing is happening for the last day or so that now the front page chat box is getting confused with a log in box - even when you are already logged in. It’s only recently started doing this? I’m using safari on iPad / iPhone. Anyone else in the same boat?

9E8F23F0-A6A9-4043-A4A2-F73FA730FE93.jpeg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Safari is trash, but I went from using Linux and Mac workstations at my last job to being issued a Windows laptop at my new job. Windows is hot trash compared to MacOS... But either way half my work is in Chrome anyway 😆

iOS on the other hand I would usually rather use an Android device.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Since this just started up again, and there has not been any changes with the chat/forum interface other than nuking the banner, I would say Safari bug from the number of occurrences I am seeing.

Safari must have changed something in how it detects the 'userid' field.

If the user is already seeing the chat input box, then the user is already logged in so I guess Safari, if that is the common browser, is missing that.

I could put a banner back in, 'This banner exists as a security fix for poorly written Apple products' or something like that.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Since this just started up again, and there has not been any changes with the chat/forum interface other than nuking the banner, I would say Safari bug from the number of occurrences I am seeing.

Safari must have changed something in how it detects the 'userid' field.

If the user is already seeing the chat input box, then the user is already logged in so I guess Safari, if that is the common browser, is missing that.

I could put a banner back in, 'This banner exists as a security fix for poorly written Apple products' or something like that.
It seems to have resolved itself. Thanks though.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
FYI the bug has come back on iOS / Safari. It was gone for months / years.

Probably a apple related update fucked it up.