SCP-087 - Experimental Horror Game

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
Finally! A game about the SCP Foundation documents!

Edit: I've reached the 45 floor, then I proceed to shit my pants! :(

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was going to say: What a boring game, it's just the same rendered stair-case over and over again until a random event occurs. Then, I read the SCP-087 documents and was amazed at how well he tied that together. The only thing missing, obviously, is the child crying and the random amounts of damage to the environment as you descend (which shouldn't take him long to add and make this perfect).

I'm also now hooked on those short stories. There are some great (and some horrible) sci-fi writers at that site and it perfectly describes something I was talking about in a class recently about knowing when not to tell something. The removed data and missing important studies... especially in SCP-087 where all records point to a horrible event in trip IV, but then not allowing anyone to read trip IV (the author knowing that what you imagine is a million times worse than what he could have come up with) is brilliant. I've been reading several others since ;)

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Less is more. It’s a brilliant idea, letting the player do most of the work. One complaint, though:

SPOILERS..........

If you watch the end of the game, it is so abrupt that it actually damages the experience, at least for me. The only folks who are going to get the full compliment of the game are the people who just happen to be stepping forward with caution. Most folks are going to lose their patience, and start descending much to quickly to really get the full effect of how it eventually ends.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Is there a run button, he walks too slow.

JS