SEGA Mega Drive 2 mini + Mega CD

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
SEGA announce Mega Drive mini 2 for october 27, 2022 its next miniature console that will boast an impressive 50 games from the Mega Drive and Mega CD.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
well I missed the first one so I might actually buy this. I already have the real hardware, but I like these mini consoles.

geladobom

War Room Troll
The promos are more excited then buying this stuff.
I tought it was a multi sega console.
Sega Genesis/Master System/Sega CD/GameGear/SG-1000/SG-3000

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I'll probably get this one for the CD titles , and because I gave away my first Mega Drive mini to a roommate.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
That's cool they are doing sega cd games. I've never bought one of these, but I hope they provide a plastic dummy sega CD you can attach the mini console to, like they did for the previous MD mini. The novelty value would be pretty good for something like that. Still no 32x games... missed opportunity.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That's cool they are doing sega cd games. I've never bought one of these, but I hope they provide a plastic dummy sega CD you can attach the mini console to, like they did for the previous MD mini. The novelty value would be pretty good for something like that. Still no 32x games... missed opportunity.
They got ya covered:
Time marker 1:25:43 for sega cd 2 addon.
32X and adaptor to add the model 1 mega drive is also shown shortly after (around 1:28:00 or so)
1596D961-77B9-4B07-BB27-B91E2B782C93.jpeg

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The Sega CD games I'm most interested in require me to be able to read, so my fingers are crossed for a Genesis equivalent. Here's hoping Rocket Knight and/or Sparkster and the Splatterhouses also make the cut.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Before this announcement by most the theory it was gonna be a dreamcast mini instead.Still sega has had so many releases over time for the genesis,be it compilations etc.Still at least this mini will have sega-cd games not to mention the likes of popful mail and shining force cd have not seen a re-release in a very long time.If it's get's a u.s release maybe a buy for me.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Games that could potentially be on this:

Super Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat 3 maybe?
Ristar
Earthworm Jim 2
Street of Rage 3
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Road Rash 3
A couple of Taoplan games?
Rocket Knight Adventures

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd much rather a DC mini but I guess we're a Saturn mini away from that.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Confirmed games:
Bonanza Bros.
Fantasy Zone
Magical Tarurūto-kun
Mansion of Hidden Souls
Popful Mail
Shining Force CD
Shining in the Darkness
Silpheed
Sonic CD
Thunder Force IV
Virtua Racing

Update Fri 24th Jun, 2022
Night Striker
StarBlade
Ninja Warriors
Out Run
After Burner 2
Splatterhouse 2
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
Megapanel
Puzzle & Action Ichidant-R
Columns 3
Star Mobile

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Great that ninja warriors and splatterhouse 2 are being included secondhand those games have become very expensive.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Six button controller this time, nice.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Yeah 6 button controller is cool but I wasnt worried about the stock 3 button one with the last mini. To many people Genny = 3 buttons

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Great that ninja warriors and splatterhouse 2 are being included secondhand those games have become very expensive.

Why are people paying so much for a horrible game like ninja Warriors? I like the sequel and the switch remaster, but that port and that game in general are just so bad.

Fuck collectors.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
the main appeal of ninja warriors are the widescreen arcade machine and the music, the port lacking the former only leaves a very mediocre game with a great soundtrack.