Sega Saturn replacement laser lens help!

neogeostyle90

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi!

I need your help to find the correct laser lens model for my white japanese Saturn. Cd doesn't spin at all and I need a new laser lens.
Anyone can help me?

Attachments

• IMG_8919.JPG
    IMG_8919.JPG
    670 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8913.JPG
    IMG_8913.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8920.JPG
    IMG_8920.JPG
    500.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8916.JPG
    IMG_8916.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 5

neogeostyle90

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yes, it's a 3220 model, however I have another 3220 but the laser lens and its mechanism are totally different...

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Could always get an ODE for this and buy a new JP if you have discs you want to play...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Honestly man it's just not worth it anymore, get y'self a MODE, or a Fenrir. The drive is gonna die again anyway.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Honestly man it's just not worth it anymore, get y'self a MODE, or a Fenrir. The drive is gonna die again anyway.
Seriously he's right, I replaced my drive a year ago and it's begun to fail again. Saturns are notorious for this. It's time to go ODE

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I have a Fenrir in one of mine, it’s cheap & easy...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I have a Fenrir in one of mine, it’s cheap & easy...
I just recently got a MODE for my Saturn, so I put my phoebe up on ebay. But I also came into possession of a Model 1 Saturn. No way am I going to luck into finding a Rhea like I did a Phoebe (Friend gave me the homey price), so I figured I'd just get a MODE for it, but the Fenrir is so much cheaper.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just MODE it and never look back. I did mine before I sold it, was a brilliant way to play Saturn games and then you only have to worry about the mainboard failing which is a far more unlikely event.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Before that new school flash crap? I don’t know. The OG is 25 years old.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Less moving parts, man. Less parts to fail, easier to source if they do.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Less moving parts, man. Less parts to fail, easier to source if they do.

Yes, you’d THINK that and conventional gamer group think agrees...but my own personal experiences are that every flash doodad I’ve ever had over the years has eventually died and both my Saturns still play discs perfectly...so does my Gamecube, my Dreamcast, my Duo R, even my PSOne. This probably has a lot to do with quality control differences between 1990s made in Japan and whatever sweatshop shit hole they make Game Doctors in.

In fact I’ve only had two optical drives fail on me ever. One is the SuperDrive built into a 2008 unibody MacBook and the other is the OG PC Engine CDROM2 which was the first consumer CDROM ever made...croaked on me in like 2015 I think.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No. You must submit to the groupthink. You love Sonic Mania.