Select button working but not switching games

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I have a 4 slot big red and recently the select button stopped switching games. I have a Unibios and it's set to US Arcade. The select button works and is registered by the board when used for pulling up Unibios menus and in switch tests, but when you want to switch games, the select button doesn't do anything. It's been a head scratcher for me. Any ideas?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I have a 4 slot big red and recently the select button stopped switching games. I have a Unibios and it's set to US Arcade. The select button works and is registered by the board when used for pulling up Unibios menus and in switch tests, but when you want to switch games, the select button doesn't do anything. It's been a head scratcher for me. Any ideas?
I think there's a soft DIP setting about this. (Does it work after adding a coin?)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah its a soft dip, and there's a setting where you can tell the board to allow game selection before adding a credit.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yeah its a soft dip, and there's a setting where you can tell the board to allow game selection before adding a credit.

Hm. I had forgotten about this. I used to have this set. Maybe it's a battery issue and this got reset. I'll do some testing tonight.