Self quarantine activities.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Where did you get your tatami from?

It is not real tatami but "tatami" as dojo flooring and you can get that stuff from plenty of places

aWS90NG.jpg

We actually have same stuff at our club too

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who knew? working in the communications industry means you ain't stopping for no damn virus!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It is not real tatami but "tatami" as dojo flooring and you can get that stuff from plenty of places

aWS90NG.jpg

Nice set up. I have a workout room too (cardio machines, chin up / squats rack, and free weights, but the flooring is not what I want. Thinking to tear out the carpet and replace with actual tatami mats, but afraid it will look half assed.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Nice set up. I have a workout room too (cardio machines, chin up / squats rack, and free weights, but the flooring is not what I want. Thinking to tear out the carpet and replace with actual tatami mats, but afraid it will look half assed.

Even under the tatami, half of the room has special flooring for sports that I had installed when we bought this house. The whole family is into combat sports and I still coach kickboxers even I'm old, fat and injured.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He's been here a long time!

And he's probably the coolest person here, but he's too humble to think that of himself.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Typical Finn, large as life and a boss dude, everyday guy.

Marek

Banned
I honestly wish I could join the Finnish millitary's spec ops mountaineering regiment. Its the only country worth dying for anyway.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Does Le Legion Etrangere have a ski unit? On second thought You’d probably be skiing the dunes of like Chad.

liberte egalite fraternite

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

aWS90NG.jpg

Cool setup indeed. No speed bag?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Cool setup indeed. No speed bag?

I have a speed bag and another heavy bag at our club's gym. I don't normally train at home, so I have them there. We have like 2000 square feet of tatami, boxing ring, 15 heavy bags, tons of focus, kick and thai pads at our club. And to be honest, I have basically never used speed bag. My background is in muay thai and quite traditional training.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Our coat of arms is two animals we eat.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Things have been normal in China for about a month. The lockdown on Wuhan will be uplifted in two days. Time to see if a second wave will happen.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
We kind of blew it this weekend. We have some super nice weather here and all of the neighborhood kids were out and about the entire time. Not much "social distancing" going on.

Out neighbor set up a badminton net...that was good for hours of entertainment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the local parks were packed full of people in Potomac, MD. White douches biking on the street, ignoring the bike path right to them. I'm thinking to petition the county to remove the bike paths since they're being wontonly neglected. It would be great if I could make a gun that shoots viruses. Silent. Deadly? Annoying. I would shoot people who ride their bikes in the street, instead of the sidewalks and bike paths.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
the local parks were packed full of people in Potomac, MD. White douches biking on the street, ignoring the bike path right to them. I'm thinking to petition the county to remove the bike paths since they're being wontonly neglected. It would be great if I could make a gun that shoots viruses. Silent. Deadly? Annoying. I would shoot people who ride their bikes in the street, instead of the sidewalks and bike paths.

That would probably be considered domestic terrorism for using a biological weapon.

I'm in, let's do this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hate so much how China was able to contain the virus has turned this into a contest between China and the world, and that they are relishing in how China has 'won' with relatively few infections compared to their population against America.

People on social media here are not like facebook people at all, but I saw some dumb bitch talk about "Some people yell about human rights, but look where it got them now?" and that angered me a bit. Hell, I know a guy who works in Shanghai (not a teacher, some professional) and upon returning to work one of the Chinese guys joked with him with basically the same thing, "Do you still think human rights are important?"

Argh. So many years I used to tell myself the people are not their government but ever since going to Xinjiang last year and trying to talk about that, it's just been a downward spiral.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The dog's getting a lot more walks. I'm setting up discussion boards for my students on Mondays and spending the rest of the week keeping an eye on emails while I burn through my steam backlog and work on projects.