seriously... Titanfall

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If I recall there isn't a campaign mode. Which for me is a huge turnoff since I'm not that big into online multiplayer

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If this game wasn't multiplayer, or if it was co-op rather than versus, I'd be more intereseted.

As it is, I am not even looking in its direction right now.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It actually works for a lot of open FPS games.

I'm aware, and I'm also aware I'd be in the minority of people wanting a campaign mode for an FPS when they ignored for the most part. Whatever gaming I do is pretty outside of the normal demographic.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Get it on PC.

i've always been a console FPS player

i know it's weird but i've grown more comfortable with a pad than a keyboard and mouse for that genre

not that i am unwilling to adapt, because i'll definitely grab this on PC, but at the end of the day, i am by a large degree a console guy

as for the lack of Campaign? doesn't bother me

just watching that video and all the insane shit that can, and often does go on is making this look like one of the coolest games i've ever seen

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm aware, and I'm also aware I'd be in the minority of people wanting a campaign mode for an FPS when they ignored for the most part. Whatever gaming I do is pretty outside of the normal demographic.

+1

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'd love to give this a try. It looks a hell of a lot of fun and the guys at the helm know what their doing when it comes to shooters. I just can't stand playing any FPS games with the way people act. Everybody's gotta play like Rambo and their all out for themselves, nobody helps each other. If you're playing a support class they'll bitch at you because they did something stupid that got themselves killed. Voice chat just made everything worse. I don't feel like hearing dudebros, little kids and wanna be gangsta's cursing at me.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Game looks interesting, but not enough to buy an Xb1. I'm sure there will be more people playing this game on the 360 as well.
I also found out my shitty laptop can easily play it.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
i know if i get this it'll be on xb1, but it is stupidly good looking on PC (saw it at an expo late last year)... 360 version is being handled by someone else i think... but its still an option i guess

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm just glad Infinity Ward is back, 5 years away is a long time but damn 5 years building a multiplayer only game is something that really interests me.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
no campaign mode, no interest. im with the other guys on this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
no campaign mode, no interest. im with the other guys on this.

I have to wonder, do you guys just suck at multiplayer or do you hate getting owned by 9 year olds? When I play COD, I rarely play the campaign, it's always been about the multiplayer for me. Each experience is unique.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Cautiously excited.

I dont like COD multiplayer at all. But I love mecha.

This game will move some X1 consoles bigtime.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have to wonder, do you guys just suck at multiplayer or do you hate getting owned by 9 year olds? When I play COD, I rarely play the campaign, it's always been about the multiplayer for me. Each experience is unique.

For some of us, it's neither.

I just don't care about multiplayer.

And certainly not in a high concept sci-fi game where there appears to be a story and something beyond the norm of military murder simulators and all of that narrative nuance is lost because the publisher just wants to keep the dudebro money train going by creating a new IP that isn't completely derivative of military action.

If I see robots you can pilot, I want a campaign mode. They're creating a world. I want to explore and experience it. Not just use it as the backdrop for Call of Duty + robots.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i've always been a console FPS player

i know it's weird but i've grown more comfortable with a pad than a keyboard and mouse for that genre

not that i am unwilling to adapt, because i'll definitely grab this on PC, but at the end of the day, i am by a large degree a console guy

as for the lack of Campaign? doesn't bother me

just watching that video and all the insane shit that can, and often does go on is making this look like one of the coolest games i've ever seen

Why would you play the inferior version?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
For some of us, it's neither.

I just don't care about multiplayer.

And certainly not in a high concept sci-fi game where there appears to be a story and something beyond the norm of military murder simulators and all of that narrative nuance is lost because the publisher just wants to keep the dudebro money train going by creating a new IP that isn't completely derivative of military action.

If I see robots you can pilot, I want a campaign mode. They're creating a world. I want to explore and experience it. Not just use it as the backdrop for Call of Duty + robots.

Nailed it. That's what made Gears good IMO and actually had me playing the multiplayer. And Resistance. And Bulletstorm (I'll kill YOUR dick!). They took time to build a world and let you experience it, not just dropping you into it a world you are fighting in because reasons.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Nope, not buying it guys. Clearly the only reason we wouldn't want to play some shitty multiplayer only FPS is because we suck at them. :thevt:

I totally want to spend $560+ to have the same experience as this generation, but with slightly prettier graphics and more bullshit that gets between me and the game.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

these reasons plus what taiso said. i have maybe 2 to 3 hours to game each week if i am lucky with work, school, exercising, and a real life. id rather play alone in my single player hermit cave than to go online and be absolutely destroyed by losers who play the game 5 to 7 hours a day and have mastered it 2 weeks after its release.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My dick is too busy being hard for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, I'm a mech fan big time. If they did make a campaign I would have already bought the system and pre-ordered the game. I used to like playing games like Virtual On, Mechwarrior and Armored Core (Until the series went weird). Supposedly some of the multiplayer maps play like a campaign from what I've heard but of course you can be submerged in a full campaign feel in multiplayer.