Shadow Gangs Kickstarter (Dreamcast

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Already a thread for this thing.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Didn't the forum as a whole shit on this game originally?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I said it once & I'll say it again...
Can not un-see Freddie Mercury...

Art is horrible for this game. I think it's going for that cheesy 80s/90s look, but ugh, it's just ugly with no nostalgia attached. I can see why the forum shit on it.

Anyone actually play it?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I remember seeing a threat quite awhile ago on another forum where people were too polite to tell the dev that it looked like shit. Lot's of "well... it certainly looks promising" etc. lol. This is one of the ugliest games I've ever seen and it hasn't changed a bit since then.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah I'm not feeling Shadow Gangbang still. Previous thread got it right.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Looks like poop but I like the Amiga style shareware dissaster this is aesthetically, a case of so bad it's good, it's cheese that's so putrefact it's turned into drugs. The main problem I see is that it looks horribly boring, bland, and just not fun.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
All or nothing and they want $185k

I will be watching this closely.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Already a thread for this thing.
I was gonna say! "That name sounds familiar.. isn't that the game with the really shitty art?"

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
The previous kickstarter didn't turn out so well (but the game got released anyway). This one looks like it won't reach minimum funding either; generally speaking if a kickstarter project doesn't get at least half the funding in the first day, people start to drop off and it loses the momentum needed to reach the goal.

Hairlesswookiee

just another sazae fake account
I shit you not the dev says it's so high because he needs enough $ to keep him motivated to finish and port it lol.
That's hilarious. Do we at least give them a thumbs up for being honest? This game doesn't really look like a decent Dreamcast game. The visuals definitely look subpar and as someone that's a physical collector I'm looking at $60+ to get this...no thanks (and yes, I'm a dumbass for jumping on the Paprium KS but that game at least looks and plays decent.).

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Great now this major YT douche is giving it exposure, wouldn't be surprised if he meets his goal now.

Lot of dumb-dumbs in the comments saying how it's "Amazing!", "Awesome!" an "Instant Buy!!!!!" etc. Further proof that most "retro gaming" people just want another shiny new piece garbage to put on the shelf.

At some point these dipshits are going to wake up and realize that they have wasted all this money and time collecting this crap and be unable to sell it because they all own the same shit that no-one wants.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Jesus fuck it wasn't so long ago that we were mocking the absolute awful art style and gameplay... not only he learned nothing and went through with it but of course retro gaming midwits are praising it. If the game had a slightly better art style it would be enough to trick them into having the kickstart go past the $190000 goal mark (what the fuck).

-------------------------

I feel sorry the most for Dreamcast/Sega fans to be quite honest, they still haven't figured out that the only reason these dreamcast ports happen is because it's piss easy to do, it's the lowest of the low hanging fruit when talking about programming for old consoles (you use C and standard fixed pipeline OpenGL calls, and if you're doing pure 2D there's zero complications to think of). It's literally kickstarter bait/fodder: help us fund the game 3x and a DREAMCAST!!!! port is going to happen!

These are the equivalents of straight-from-PSX ports that happened during the commercial life of the dreamcast, and I wonder if there were any retards at the time praising those too.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Kickstarter has been cancelled and a new one with a smaller amount created.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It looks like it was made in OpenBOR, which would make it pretty easy to port to Dreamcast... I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying what it looks like from a quick glance.