Shawn - $499 prize for designing a Neo-Geo game title logo!

Benharper

n00b

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-03-11 à 22.02.16.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-03-11 à 22.02.16.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Capture d’écran 2014-03-11 à 22.03.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-03-11 à 22.03.29.png
    366 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The NeoStore isn’t under the jurisdiction of the Neo-Geo market forums and it’s a separate site.

Would it benefit to remove references and links to the Neostore from the forum sidebar and website so there is a symbolic separation?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If that's supposed to be an entry, you're way past the deadline.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Why why why the final arset are white….. No
I want gray !!
instead of the pink horible, why no option for a gray?

And, the logo are not the winner logo !!!! or i'm dream !!!

LzyIXrm.gif

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I wish I would've had time to design a logo for this contest. Seems like fun, but I really hope the samples on this page above aren't truly being considered. This is the Neo Geo, a 1990 arcade machine. Why not make a logo reminiscent of that style and era? The logos I'm seeing look like something from one of those Free-2-Play Warcraft clone games.

They may as well add the line: "WARNING: Once inside, your friends won't be seeing much of you!"

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I wish I would've had time to design a logo for this contest. Seems like fun, but I really hope the samples on this page above aren't truly being considered. This is the Neo Geo, a 1990 arcade machine. Why not make a logo reminiscent of that style and era? The logos I'm seeing look like something from one of those Free-2-Play Warcraft clone games.

hearthstone-logo.png

Ironic.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

They may as well add the line: "WARNING: Once inside, your friends won't be seeing much of you!"

I totally agree, none of them look like they belong for something on the Neo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The big change is that the neostore logo replaces the SNK logo on the spine.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I totally agree, none of them look like they belong for something on the Neo.

That's what I've been saying since I saw the design brief.

I don't think Shawn cares a whole lot about the context or if he does the 4 panels of completely misc. art are supposed to cover those bases, as the logo totally misses the point of everything contained on that bootleg. I think this was about branding a neo cart in line with the Neo Store, which is also done in a wizardly fashion. I just hope the bootleg comes with a potion scroll or enchanting spell.

Not bashing anyone who created stuff for this, and I'm not a purist, so I don't give a shit aside from the fact that the logo makes no sense in the context of anything contained on that cart, AES, SNK, or Neo•Geo.

I hope to god the winner of the contest is given a shot to clean up the back of the insert.

My 1/1 Gold Leaf AES branded insert is about to go through the rigorous aficionado review process, before it's one time pressing. Any BigTymers who wish to get in on the review process will be added to the pool who will share 20% of the proceeds of this 1/1 insert. A culmination of the top minds in AES collectibillia to forge one incredibly special insert, for the most discerning bootleg enthusiast. Item will come with a 1 of 1 wooded box to store it, and snaplock case machined from a block of aluminum.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I never put the multicart in a shockbox. It stays in the fourth slot in my cab permanently.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Freeman is my lil homie, and i can assure anyone who thinks he is concerned with market privileges, hes been getting them via NGH for the last year anyways so he def does not give a fuck.
Party on my boi, get that 2014 prize money. I hope with inflation the new amount is like 4 grand 🤣

Hans

In my bathroom I pee sitting. No splashing
Goob of the Year
Freeman is my lil homie, and i can assure anyone who thinks he is concerned with market privileges, hes been getting them via NGH for the last year anyways so he def does not give a fuck.
Party on my boi, get that 2014 prize money. I hope with inflation the new amount is like 4 grand 🤣
yeah I've had access to the marketplace for over a year now