Shawn Carr aka "Boog" has passed :( [UPDATE: photos from service, Post 136]

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Non omnis moriar

I remember selling SNES shumps to him A few times.
I would always chuckle when he would ask if I would hold them for a few days so he could make sure he had the cash.
Never had a bad thing to say to or about anyone.
It's always the good eggs.
Carry on dude. Carry on.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
This sucks. I really liked boog.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
:( RIP friend
only talked to him a little bit but he always seemed in such great spirits, made me feel like a douche for being miserable when everything is so great for me in contrast. It was cool to see him getting so hype for whatever game stuff he had incoming :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My condolences to his friends and family.

Boog's optimism and love of gaming always shined through in his posts and he didn't appear to let his medical condition interfere with the love he had for his hobby.

Be at peace, friend.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear Boog has passed away. Like others mentioned, I am honestly surprised he lasted as long as he did.

I remember back in, I think it was 2005?, we raised a whole bunch of money to get boog a PSP setup with games. It wasn't till people saw the pictures of him with the PSP stuff did they understand just how bad he had it. But regardless of shit that life threw at him he remained positive and upbeat.

If there is a heaven, may his days be spent dreaming of Anna Paquin.

RIP

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ffs, not the kind of news I wanted to read here. may angels lead you in, friend.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
All this talk about boogbutt and no mention of hoping he gets some Anna Paquin pussy in heaven? :emb:

Condolences to his family, hopefully this is a moment of remembrance and celebration of an impressive life lived against the odds.

Edit: Missed broken's Paquin reference the first read-through, good on you, broken.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Is there a current address for condolence cards, etc.?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
...I remember some even questioning if he was truly ill, as his condition is typically fatal *much* sooner than it claimed him.

His tenacity, and ability to hang on & beat long odds for as long as he did-it's inspirational.

Godspeed you, boogster.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Damn. Really shitty news.

Loved his posts, his genuine love for games always showed.

RIP Boog.

aria

Former Moderator
RIP, Boog--you had an enviable ability to enjoy life, despite being dealt a pretty tough hand.

I will put several items on hold for you.

aria

Former Moderator

I hope that wasn't too tasteless, I really liked the guy. He said he would type using basically a chopstick so it's amazing how active he could be.

Then again, if people actually followed through on his holds the market is about to be flooded with items.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow...like so many have said, I am not surprised to here he passed...but I am deeply saddened. He was a great guy, always sunny and a great buyer to sell to..he and I did many a transaction way back when.

Very sad...RIP Boog...may you find peace buddy.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've exchanged words with him over a few deals here, and he was always a pleasure to communicate with. RIP Boog.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Woof, this is a bit too much to take in after loosing a guy like Tony.
I don't like the way these untimely passing's callus me over time. We are all far too young for this.

Shawn will be missed. He was such a positive and appreciative person, as Bobak put it, an enviable trait indeed.

My thoughts & prayers go out to him and my deepest condolences to his family for the untimely passing of their son (a parents worse fear).

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Having been a member for quite some time now I have read many a boog post. He was always so upbeat (and was always willing to gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today). Seemed like a really happy guy. I knew he had some sort of issues with his health, but I did not know that it was terminal. What exactly did he suffer from? May he rest in peace.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Goddammit. What is up with this site and people passing? Being a member of this place is really trying on the heart. Shawn always used to send me messages about what he was playing and asking what games I was playing. It sucks to know that I won't be seeing those messages again. Fuck I'm so tired of this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This hits me a lot harder than Tony's passing. I really liked boog, and while a lot of people treated him differently after they found out he was mentally retarded or ignored him completely, I still enjoyed messing with him. This really came out of left field and is gonna mess up my whole day now. Wish I had talked to him more recently.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
I haven't talked with him in a long while, but he was pretty cool in chats. RIP Boog.