Shawn Carr aka "Boog" has passed :( [UPDATE: photos from service, Post 136]

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Kit and I will try our best to attend the funeral as soon as arrangements are announced. We will come up with a flower arrangement or other gift appropriate for the occasion. I intend on preparing a personal letter to his family and can also present a card from the community along with the flowers to be displayed at the wake. I can pick out an appropriate card and enclose a list of people contributing their wishes. If you'd like your name to be mentioned on the card, please PM and let me know how you'd like your name displayed: forum username only, real name (include it please), or just first name last initial, whatever you're comfortable with. Obviously I know a lot of you guys and your real names, but I don't want to throw you in randomly without your permission.

Sincerely,

Mikhail

Consider it done.

Godspeed, Boog. :(

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Along with his positive outlook, he never had a bad thing to say about anyone here. May you get the peaceful rest you desire Shawn. We'll still stay away from the Yukari mobile. May you be in peace.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Oh jesus, Shawn

Just found out like 5 minutes ago, I really didn't expect this, I know he had his struggle with life but he carried on to his best ability and knew more about games than anyone I've ever known.

We haven't really spoke in a while since he hardly came to Neo Chat, his positive look on life will always be missed and his sex jokes always made me laugh.

RIP Good guy, hope you have it better where ever you are now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow, I feel like I just talked to him not that long ago. I never knew anything was even wrong with him. He was always happy when I conversed with him.

RIP Shawn.

How old was he exactly?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RIP boog nice guy to talk to as well damn.This is rather depressing at this point,we are losing members left&right as of late :(

Awhile back i sent a pm to boog and i didn't get a response.So id assume he was sick and would return again later on.I had no idea he was that sick to begin with....

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Sucks that he passed but I think that anybody that had knowledge of his condition knew it had to happen at some point.

I am glad that as a young person in his condition in this day and age that he had games and the internet to enjoy. So at least he had unlimited entertainment and a portal to interact with the entire world in one way or another.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Always got a chuckle out of his sig gifs

shoebomb8my.gif

raimuiro_breastbite.gif

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Oh no! This is really sad. He and I did a few trades some years ago. Always a funny and cheerful guy...

Rest in peace, friend.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Very sad news :(. Rest in peace Shawn. My prayers go out to his family.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, Boog was cool. It will be different here without him. Kind of feels weird not having TonK in the thread raising money to help with funeral expenses or something. I sort of always associated the two of them together since the psp thing. If anyone from the family reads this thread, know that Shawn was well-liked by all here.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i remember selling him stuff years ago and it was a pain in the ass but i let slide since i knew about his condition

guy got dealt a shitty hand in life for sure but you certainly wouldn't know that from his attitude here

rest in peace

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
RIP Boog. I will miss your sigs and I will keep those strategy guides on hold for you, good friend.

O.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I'll be missing Shawn. He was a really nice guy :(
rip, buddy.

jetblue

Crossed Swords Squire
i serviced that psp you all got him not too long ago. he cherished it,couldnt wait to get it back when i was done.

there was another girl besides anna paquin that i swear he estalked for years. i think she was one of the voice actresses or portrayed one of the resident evil chicks,cant remember her name. im looking thru my other pc for pictures of him,il post if i find any.

aria

Former Moderator
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Kit and I will try our best to attend the funeral as soon as arrangements are announced. We will come up with a flower arrangement or other gift appropriate for the occasion. I intend on preparing a personal letter to his family and can also present a card from the community along with the flowers to be displayed at the wake. I can pick out an appropriate card and enclose a list of people contributing their wishes. If you'd like your name to be mentioned on the card, please PM and let me know how you'd like your name displayed: forum username only, real name (include it please), or just first name last initial, whatever you're comfortable with. Obviously I know a lot of you guys and your real names, but I don't want to throw you in randomly without your permission.

Sincerely,

Mikhail

I'll send you a PM and make sure the first post is updated accordingly.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i messaged you on FB, mikhail. Im in for whatever is going down.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Another fallen soldier, RIP Shawn you were one of the very very few people here who constantly displayed a upbeat personality.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I tried giving him a call once simply to see if his speaking style matched his writing style. He cracked me up, wish I had the opportunity to speak to him before his transition...........take it easy.

That reminds me of the time I (unintentionally) met Leslie M. Collins at a game store once... In person, he's just like how he posts online.