Shooter Demo - Pretty cool

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Stumbled across this cool little demo late last night called "Jets N Guns". The site has a playable demo you can download (pretty small). Music is on the Guilty Gear style of the spectrum. Pretty colors, lighting effects, etc....I had fun shooting away my buzz playing it. Check it out see what you think

http://www.jetsnguns.com/

ss6.jpg

ss12.jpg

Apparently it won some Independent game award or something. Also if you like the music you can download th entire soundtrack for free.

Last edited:

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Pretty small demo? The download page says it's 19 megs...
Aw well, at least I have a DSL line. I'll download it and check it out.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Anyone who even remotely likes early 90s shmup style Japanese cock-rock, MUST get the Jets n' Guns soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy. Manly shmup-rock the way it's supposed to be done, in the tradition of Technosoft, Konami Kukeiha Club, etc.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
gmw said:
Anyone who even remotely likes early 90s shmup style Japanese cock-rock, MUST get the Jets n' Guns soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy. Manly shmup-rock the way it's supposed to be done, in the tradition of Technosoft, Konami Kukeiha Club, etc.

Agreed. Remember its free also! (75mb rar).

neo>all

Super nO0b
I love the websites catch phrase, "Get yourself high! Get the Jets'n'Guns!"

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Pretty cool - not bad at all for being free.

Thanks for the heads up, NeoC.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Wow, great fucking shmup. I love the customization aspect of it. Reminds me of Armada, only with the intensity cranked to 11. I'd pay to have this game see a console release, I just don't like playing shmups on a PC.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
ferrarimanf355 said:
Just had to bump this thread and add this to the mix. Have a nice day. :glee:

EDIT: If you liked the visual style of Rez, check this shit out, yo. :buttrock:

I've been an ABA fanboy for years.
Kenta Cho is the man!

I strongly recommend Noiz2sa and Torus Trooper, my 2 favorite ABA games.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Its a pretty neat little shmup. The music>the game.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Warning Forever is so good I can't believe its free.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Heh, I bought the full version of Jets 'n' Guns a few weeks ago - damn good fun even if the difficulty is a bit inconsistant.
Gotta love any game where you get to waste loads of tiny ground troops while listening to cheesy heavy-metal :buttrock:

And while we're on the subject of Indie shootemups, dont forget about Steel Saviour, the spiritual (and much improved) sucessor to T-Zwei, and possibly the most gorgeously beautiful 2D shooter in the history of everything.
Its a big download at 228mb, but that is actually the full game which you can unlock by paying the full $19.99.
I'm seriously tempted to buy it........

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Warning Forever is the shit.

In generall, Doujinshi Shooters are always slick and well put together. It's probably the one genre of games that, if the plug were ever to really fall out of the retail market, could survive in the warm crevices provided for by fan games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
This shit is great, thanks to all for supplying links. Makes my work computer a bit more interesting...

Anyone play Storm Angel on PC? I downloaded the demo off some random link I found when I was looking for Knights of Valour info, and it's pretty fun so far.

edit: found the link: http://www.loaded-studio.com/stormangel.php