Should I "review every Neo Geo game ever made"

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm down to watch, there's surprisingly not much in depth stuff on the Neo besides Neo Alec's stuff.

If you do, I'm curious as to how it would be different than Neo Alec's reviews. Would you go into chronological order, hit different series, or start with heavy hitters/niche titles first?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'm down to watch, there's surprisingly not much in depth stuff on the Neo besides Neo Alec's stuff.

If you do, I'm curious as to how it would be different than Neo Alec's reviews. Would you go into chronological order, hit different series, or start with heavy hitters/niche titles first?
Alphabetical except I might switch it around a bit so I don’t do 9 KOFs in a row lol

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I only want a Legend of Success Joe review, everything else is bush league

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
There's vastly more rewarding & worthwhile things to be done in your spare time. Whether socially, intellectually, & creatively speaking.

Maybe, maybe not... Either way, beats being a ng edgelord

I'd be interested in seeing it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Lots of videos on Neo Geo.

How about a series on Neo Geo Pocket instead?
I've thought about the Pocket. Was hoping a core would get added for MiSTer for ease of capture / not emulating

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
FWIW I'd watch the whole series, though I already watch most of the stuff you put out. Maybe it's something you'd want to break up over a long time span.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You might try to do a complete series, Like Metal Slug or SS or KoF, and see if there is interest outside this forum.
I think it would be interesting to see your take on Metal Slug evolving from original SNK to the new SNK to the atomiswave era...

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sounds good to me. You have the knowledge, and your videos are a fun watch. As long as you're not committing to for sure getting through everything. You'll get more views than mine too.

My videos have been hard to get across the finish line. There has been a lot going on at my house with life events lately, so I've had a hard time getting the Legend of Success Joe review I'm currently working on across the finish line. I just got a new laptop that will hopefully allow me to utilize more of my down time to finish writing and editing videos.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Sounds good to me. You have the knowledge, and your videos are a fun watch. As long as you're not committing to for sure getting through everything. You'll get more views than mine too.

My videos have been hard to get across the finish line. There has been a lot going on at my house with life events lately, so I've had a hard time getting the Legend of Success Joe review I'm currently working on across the finish line. I just got a new laptop that will hopefully allow me to utilize more of my down time to finish writing and editing videos.
your shit is legit too...keep it up! It's hard being "prolific" with content creation...I just have 18 years as a filmmaker and editor helping me out. I am already done and uploaded on CPS / 2 / 3 so I needed something new to work on

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You might try to do a complete series, Like Metal Slug or SS or KoF, and see if there is interest outside this forum.
I think it would be interesting to see your take on Metal Slug evolving from original SNK to the new SNK to the atomiswave era...
not a bad idea...not a bad idea at all...I am officially taking it!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
your shit is legit too...keep it up! It's hard being "prolific" with content creation...I just have 18 years as a filmmaker and editor helping me out. I am already done and uploaded on CPS / 2 / 3 so I needed something new to work on
You know how to get vids out the door. I'm sure the constant uploads help a lot with the Youtube algorithm, but it's still always a struggle. If I do get any new videos out, I'm planning to split my time with some non-Neo videos too to try and attract some new audience.

My brother just did a really amazing new video, and I thought it would at least do a little bit better than his other stuff, just because it's at least about the Ys series, but it's struggling to see much of any viewership, unfortunately:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You know how to get vids out the door. I'm sure the constant uploads help a lot with the Youtube algorithm, but it's still always a struggle. If I do get any new videos out, I'm planning to split my time with some non-Neo videos too to try and attract some new audience.

My brother just did a really amazing new video, and I thought it would at least do a little bit better than his other stuff, just because it's at least about the Ys series, but it's struggling to see much of any viewership, unfortunately:
it's hard getting traction. Even I struggle with it...the shit I think will hit doesn't, and the shit I made in an hour ends up being my best viewed video of all time.

The algorithm makes no sense.

I am doing a video with channels under 1K i like and think deserve more love but I want to expand it so fuck it...when I do it you are getting mentioned. Just PM me so I can get more info and your actual written approval to utilize footage in the vid!

I am in a giving mood today lol

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
I think committing to doing 150 videos is an awful lot and personally I know I would lose steam on a project of that size. I thought of a few ways you could break it up if you wanted - you could break it up by game series, like review RBFF, RBFFS and RBFF2 in the same video, or Aerofighters 2 and 3 in the same video, or maybe a video on neogeo games by year of release so you're covering 5-15 games per video, or do some videos focusing on lesser known or unpopular titles. There's no wrong answer.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I think committing to doing 150 videos is an awful lot and personally I know I would lose steam on a project of that size. I thought of a few ways you could break it up if you wanted - you could break it up by game series, like review RBFF, RBFFS and RBFF2 in the same video, or Aerofighters 2 and 3 in the same video, or maybe a video on neogeo games by year of release so you're covering 5-15 games per video, or do some videos focusing on lesser known or unpopular titles. There's no wrong answer.
Weirdly that isn’t daunting production wise. Took me two weeks on and off to do CPS / 2 and 3 and that was 52

but now that I think of it I don’t want to review shitty games so I think these ideas are better. Series overviews seem more entertaining. Like all the slugs then take a break then all the Fatal Fury’s